Thirty Two

3rd Person's POV

Ysabelle didn't know what she should feel when she knew about the result. She was adamant about accepting the truth about her identity and outright dismissing it as if it has never happened. Looking at how things have turned out to be, she haven't decided yet what her fate holds for her.

Staring blankly into space, her thoughts drifted to the security and comfort her adoptive parents have given her. Just the thought of leaving them and living with her biological parents gave her the awkward ambiance she never imagined.

"Izaberu! Have you eaten yet?" Hanami asked, distracting her from reverie. It was her friend's violet hair that caught her from trance.

"You changed your hair color, again?" Ysabelle asked in bewilderment but her face looked confused rather than astonished.

"I just feel like it." Hanami shrugged and sat down on her bed across hers. "So, how come I don't see you munching around your favorite Bourbon Alfort and Kinoko Yo Yana?"

Ysabelle sighed and closed her eyes before putting a pillow over her head. She tried to shoo away the thoughts which have been invading her mind for almost half an hour now but cannot seem to happen.

"Hey! Don't sleep out on me!" Hanami protested and threw her small pillow at her.

"Aww!" Ysabelle feigned a hurtful response when the pillow hit her thigh. She removed the pillow covering her face and looked at her friend saying, "I am just contemplating when will I be leaving soon back home to the Philippines—"

"—whaat? You'll really be leaving me?" Hanami wailed in response cutting her off. She pouted and soon found herself sniffing and fighting back sad tears with the thought of being away from a friend which became a sister to her.

Ysabelle sat up in an instant Hanami began to cry. She crossed the room and hugged her tightly.

"Hey. You know I'm only an exchange student here, right? That I am bound to leave and return home soon." Ysabelle said softly.

"B-but, you can always stay here.. My parents can pay for your tui–" Hanami blabbered on and it was Ysabelle's turn to cut her off.

Shaking her head, she pulled away from the embrace to look at her dearest friend, "— That won't be possible, Hanami. I will not allow that. I mean, your parents are kind and all, but I have my own family too. And, we can always meet here after we both graduate, right?" She managed to flash her a smile even if she, herself, is fighting back tears.

It is indeed no wonder that Hanami has become someone so dear and precious to her. The almost four months they shared were memorable to her. She get to enjoy like a local in a country she never imagined she will get adapted to.

"Alright. It looks like I cannot force you to stay. You will visit me here after our graduation, right?" Ysabelle nodded at Hanami's question. "I can also come and visit you in the Philippines, right?"

"Of course! I will be more than happy to tour you around!" Ysabelle grinned and Hanami's eyes widened in excitement.

Soon, the two friends became engaged in a conversation about the tourist spots in the Philippines especially around the area where Ysabelle lives. Hanami was more than eager to graduate and travel with her.

Shortly after, silence can be heard inside their room as they dozed off to sleep.

***

The next day, in the Matsumoto Mansion..

"Honey!" Fumika exclaimed when she saw her husband coming out of their bathroom with his robe on.

"What's going on?" Atsushi asked in surprise and started to lie on their bed. It's his day off today from the hospital and he always sees to it that he maximizes it well by resting and indulging on his passion which is cooking a new dish.

"I really have this instinct that the results of DNA is forged! Can you assure me that—" Fumika chattered and was interrupted by Atsushi.

"—Ysabelle is our daughter." Fumika's jaw dropped open and he smiled at her as she approached him on their bed. She blinked as soon as she sat down and rested her back at the headboard. "Dr. Yamamoto had sent me an email of the result also aside from the hard copy. He said it is his habit of making sure that the results are received directly from him to his clients. And yes, I think it was fabricated too. The hard copy, I mean."

"Ysabelle is our Azami." Fumika whispered and now, she's crying with joy at her husband's confirmation.

"Yes. She is our own flesh and blood, Honey. She is ours." Atsushi said kissing the side of her head.

" Atsushi said kissing the side of her head