Six

With my royal blue windbreaker over my black denim pants and two-layered top, a grey turtleneck and navy blue knitted sweater, I grabbed my sling bag where I keep all my essentials in

With my royal blue windbreaker over my black denim pants and two-layered top, a grey turtleneck and navy blue knitted sweater, I grabbed my sling bag where I keep all my essentials in. Hanami will be touring me around Tokyo today and we'll drop by Katashi's office which was situated near the Skytree.

I was enthusiastic about the tour as today will be our only free time since the Christmas is just around the corner and they were thrilled to enjoy the holidays too.

Hanami looked so sassy in her flashy pink trench coat over her white sweater and a comfy longsleeve blouse which she paired with her black pants and leg boots.

"On'nanoko tte suteki janaidesu ka? (Aren't you girls, lovely?)" Her mom remarked at us as we walked downstairs to the living room.

I adjusted my black beret and smiled at these mother and daughter tandem in front of me as they kissed each other lightly on the cheek before we head off to our first stop.

"Mochiron, okāsan! Anata to otōsan no idenshi kara totta nda! (Why, of course, Mom! I took it from you and dad's genes!)" Hanami exclaimed which had her mom giggling like a teenager.

They must have noticed me as they stopped and grinned at me with Hanami saying, "Shall we go now, sissy?"

I nodded and returned her enthusiasm with a grin.

"Alright! Bye Mom! See you later!" Hanami said and started to head out the door.

"Saraba Ayako obasan! (Goodbye, Aunt Ayako!)" I said and Aunt Ayako smiled and walked us out.

"On'nanoko-tachi, kiwotsukete! Kon'ya mo o ai shimashou! (Take care, girls! See you both tonight!)" Aunt Ayako yelled as Hanami dragged my arm out to their huge gate.

As soon as we are out and on the road, Hanami instructed me to put on my seatbelt as she began to maneuver their family car.

"This is awesome! I never get to chance to properly tour Tokyo when I stepped in here." I exclaimed and fastened my seatbelt.

She grinned at me and she turned on the radio and found ourselves singing along with Anne-Marie's 2002.

We were singing our hearts out until someone honked behind Hanami's car when we came to a full stop because the traffic light turned red.

"What the hell does the dude wants?" Hanami raised her eyebrow as she looked at him from her rearview mirror.

What got us surprised was when the guy behind us overtook our car and yelled as he opened his window, "Ang babagal nyo! Late na ako! (You are so slow! I'm already late!)"

Hanami's forehead creased as we watched him sped up not caring about the traffic lights.

"Kare ga nani o itta no? Kare wa watashi o norotte imashita ka? That isn't Japanese language... (What did he say? Was he cursing me?)", she asked and pressed on the gas as the traffic light turned green again.

I shook my head and sighed before turning to face her, "the language was Filipino. And no, he isn't cursing you. All he said was he was running late."

Hanami frowned and I sighed thinking about the rudeness of the guy back there.

I don't want to think of anything to ruin our day so I diverted her attention to our trip.

"So, where are we headed to first today?" I asked and luckily, Hanami's facial expression brightened up.

"We'll go first to Asakusa Temple then to Tokyo Skytree before we meet Katashi and then proceed to Shibuya crossing to get the cake which I had ordered for Mom's birthday today." Hanami explained and my jaw dropped open in shock.

"Today is your mom's birthday?" I gaped at her and she nodded. "And you didn't tell me about it yesterday?"

"Oops!" She chuckled and parked the car after our thirty minute drive from the stoplight.

"I don't have anything to give her!" I complained as I get out of the car.

Hanami linked her arm to mine and locked the car before we started walking to the entrance of Asakusa Temple.

Asakusa's main attraction is Sensoji which is the popular Buddhist temple and also the oldest in Japan. It was built in the 7th century.

As we get nearer to it, I was so amazed with the rich heritage of Japan. Even in winter season, people still flock around it and most of them are paying respects while some are strolling along Nakamise Shopping Street. It is lined by more than 50 shops offering local specialties and a variety of souvenirs.

Of course, I won't go empty-handed because I made sure I have about five to ten snaps around the place where photos are allowed.

After about an hour, we then went to the Tokyo Skytree which Hanami was very eager to see again. According to her, the last time she went there was when she was in Highschool with her friends. And now that she's in college, she still is thrilled to see it again in a different season.

Once Hanami was able to park the car, she again linked her arm with mine and together we walked inside as we went to the 4th floor to purchase tickets.

As we went up after paying and claiming them, again, I was still in awe of how lucky I am to be accepted in the Student Exchange Program of our university.

Three months may be short but I'll make the most of it!

I was still in daydream when Hanami yanked my arm and we ambled to the observation deck which was approximately 450 meters from the ground.

And as we come near it, I was deeply flabbergasted with the amazing view of Tokyo from here.

"Oh my gosh! This is so lovely! - " I was gushing about it thinking that Hanami was right beside me when I heard a flash of camera on my right side and almost blinded my eyes. "- wh-what the fuck!"

"Shit! I- I am so sorry! I was just taking the view on that angle and-" The guy on my right apologized while I blinked and lifted my eyes to see him.

At that moment, time stood still and my heart began beating erratically.

🌍🌍🌍

Author's Note:

Information about Asakusa Temple and Tokyo Skytree were from japan-guide website.