Eleven

3rd Person's POV

The mansion of Hikari and Atsushi became busy the night before Christmas. All the household helpers were either busy cooking  or cleaning their humble abode.

Hikari kept herself busy by embroidering her daughter's name on a red scarf which she had bought from an expensive store. Her thoughts kept returning back to the scene at the Asakusa where she was able to lock eyes with her. She wasn't able to get her name but their communication was enough to confirm the feeling she felt when they shared a brief conversation.

"Okonomiyaki, madamu o dōzo. (Have some okonomiyaki, Madame.)" their helper, Kiyoko, said and gave her the food.

Hikari raised her eyes to meet her and smiled, "Arigatō, Kiyoko. Soko ni oku dakedesu. Atode tabemasu. (Thank you, Kiyoko. Just put it there. I'll eat it later.)"

Kiyoko nodded and bowed after she placed the snack on the coffee table in front of me. She, then, left and helped Sareema with the foods to be feasted later on this evening.

Hikari sighed and grabbed the remote to open the television. The first scene that ever came to her was the next episode of this Japanese drama which millenials are so into lately. She switched on to the other channel until she found something to feed her thoughts.

"Kon'nichiwa, min'na! Watashitachiha imakoko ni subarashī Tōkyō sukaitsurī ni imasu, soshite atode byūdekki kara Tōkyō zentai o mirudeshou! (Hi, guys! We are here now in the amazing Tokyo Sky Tree and we will see later the whole of Tokyo from the viewdeck!)" The famous news anchor whose name is Amaya Noshigawa cheerfully said.

Hikari was about to switch it to other channel when she caught a glimpse of Ysabelle's clothes on that same day they have met.

She kept picturing how her daughter would look like if they haven't separated ways and now that her gut feels are right, she is more than determined to have her daughter back. And she will do whatever it takes to get her.

I was on my way to the airport when I felt my phone vibrating inside my pocket so I pulled it out and smiled when I saw who was calling

"Hello, cheerio!" I cheerfully said and I heard her squeal.

"Vince!" Her high-pitched voice greeted my ears that I have to pull back to not let my eardrums break at her excitement.

"What the hell, Vanna!" I hollered at her and she giggled.

Vanna Walters is my half sister in Dad's side. It's amazing how we get along well since I hated him for divorcing Mom.

Vanna is two years younger than me and is currently a college student taking up Human Resource  Management in Tokyo University. Its winter break and it's predictable that she will most likely be annoying the hell out of me again.

It has been her habit to irritate me since then but I cannot seem to hate her at all. She's just her usual charming self and I still take her as my sister.

"Sorry! Where are you! It's almost Christmas and I cannot reach you again!" Vanna exclaimed and I shook my head.

"I just have a business trip somewhere —" I said and she cut me off.

"A business trip? At this time of the month? Seriously?" Vanna asked in disbelief. "All are spending time with their loved ones and yet you are on the way to a business trip? Get a life, big brother! The company won't go bankrupt if you'll just take a leave for a day or two! Plus it's —"

"— the Christmas season. Yeah, yeah, I know." I finished her off and I sighed.

I showed my ticket to the guard and he let me in. I had my earpods placed on earlier so I can hold my briefcase and tend to whatever I have to address with my free hand.

Vanna is right. Our company won't go bankrupt but who I am meeting with is a big client of Dae-Chun Tradings. Our main branch in Seoul, Korea.

Our company is catering to hardware and steel industries. We also have equipment that aids in construction and other industrial needs.

I got into the boarding gate of the airport and sat on one of the benches. My flight via Voyager 577 is  scheduled at eleven in the morning. I am an hour ahead and it has been our yearly routine to go to the mall and buy something for each other.
I find it sappy but with Vanna around to constantly torment me, I can tolerate such things.

"So, when will you be back, big brother?" She sighed sounding hopeless.

I chuckled and said, "I'll be back before you know it, baby sister."

"Fine!" I can imagine her scoffed and I crossed my legs as I watched flight attendants making their way to the boarding gates. "Call me as soon as you landed to wherever. And  let me know too when you're back. You owe me a shopping spree!"

I rolled my eyes as if she can see me and answered, "yeah, alright. Fine."

"Take care, bro! Be safe! Love you!" Vanna exclaimed and hung up.

I let out a deep breath and noticed a guy giving one of the flight attendants a bouquet of red roses. I smirked at how mushy they are.

Then I remembered the lady I met at Tokyo Sky Tree when I was busy capturing the views of the city from the skydeck. To be exact, I think I have met her twice?

Yeah! At the Asakusa too.

I shook my head as I realized I have been daydreaming about her now.

God! I must really have been whipped off by her!

Now I'm wondering...

How is she doing right now?