Twenty Nine

3rd Person's POV

Dr. Yamamoto took no more time to assess the results of the swab tests the Matsumoto family has gave him.
He personally worked on them and smiled when he found out the results.

For his friend, he is happy for him. He finally have what he long been wanted to.

But, fate wasn't at all cooperative with them as Ayame's uncle, disguised himself as one of the laboratory personnel. The result was officially sealed and given to him to deliver to the Matsumoto household.
He immediately switched them to a fake one.

At that time, he knew that the result is not favorable to them. They needed the money. They have to survive.

"Kon'nichiwa. Matsumoto atsushi-san-yōdesu. Kare no tame ni kore ni shomei shite moraemasu ka? (Good afternoon. This is for Matsumoto Atsushi. Can you please sign this for him?)" He asked with a smile to one of the helpers who opened the gate.

"Arigatō! (Thank you!)" The helper said and closed the gate when she got the sealed envelope. She went inside while holding it with care as if her life depended on it.

"Madamu! Nanika ga anata no tame ni yattekimashita. (Madame! Something came in for you.)" She said and Hikari's eyes widened when she saw what was in her hands.

"Arigatō, shin'ainaru. (Thanks, dear.)" Hikari said and held on to the wall for balance. She exhaled and walked slowly to the couch.

Please, let her be my child. She closed her eyes as she prayed.

Then, she remembered her husband. She automatically searched for her phone inside her skirt's pocket and called for him.

"Hanī, kekka ga deta bakaridesu. (Honey, the results just came in.)" She said almost in a whisper.

"Shitte iru. Mita dakedesu. (I know. Just saw it.)" He said over the phone sighing gratefully but his wife took it the wrong way.

"Kowaidesu. Ima kara akemasu ne soretomo issho ni hirakimasu ka? (I'm scared. I'll open it now, okay? or we'll open it together?)", she said, her eyes not leaving the envelope in her grasp.

Wasting no second, she had her phone on speaker and placed it on top of the table. She opened it and gasped when she saw the result.

"Negatibu. S - kanojo wa watashitachi no musumede wa arimasen. (Negative. S-she isn't our daughter.)" She stammered and felt devastated with what she learned.

And Ayame saw it. She smirked seeing the woman cried on her seat.

Kiyoko, one of the helpers, saw Ayame had the triumphant look on her face and felt weird. She looked again at their boss who became sad when she has learned the result.

"Anata wa koko de nani o shite iru no? (What are you doing here?)"  Their head maid asked and she scooted closer to her.

"Watashi wa kanojo no mawari de hontōni kimyō ni kanjimasu. Kibungawarui dakedesu. Kanojo ga karera no ushiro ni nanika o keikaku shite ita yō ni. (I really feel weird with her around. It just doesn't feel right. Like she was plotting something behind them.)" She didn't hesitate to whisper at her.

"Sono koto o kanjita no wa watashi dakeda to omoimashita. (I thought, I was the only one feeling that thing.)" Their head maid admitted that which earned a muffled gasp of surprise from Kiyoko.

"Sore wa watashitachi futari ni narimasu. (That makes the two of us.)" She said. "Madamu to sā o hontōni kinodoku ni omoimasu. Karera wa musume o machinozonde ita. Karera ga sugu ni kanojo o mitsukete kureru koto o hontōni negatte imasu. (I really feel sorry for Madame and Sir. They have been longing for their daughter. I really hope they find her soon.)"

"Watashi wa, karera wa sudeni sō shite iru to omoimasu. (I think, they already did.)" The head maid whispered when Kiyoko left her side.

🌍🌍🌍

Meanwhile, Atsushi was smiling with what he has learned. Dr. Yamamoto has sent him an email of the soft copy of the results way before the physical copy was delivered to their house.

Ysabelle is indeed their daughter. He couldn't wait to celebrate the truth with his wife later.

Finally, things are looking brighter than expected.