Twenty Eight

3rd Person's POV

There weren't much talk at the car on their way to the hospital. For somebody as powerful as the Matsumotos, they can have the results in a span of three days. Espscially now that they are eager to find out the outcome of the DNA test of their child.

Hikari couldn't contain her excitement as she ordered the helpers to immediately clean the room they have longed prepared for her ever since she was born. While the helpers are busy at home, the couple along with Ysabelle went to the hospital.

"Ohayōgozaimasu, Matsumoto fusai. (Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Matsumoto.)" Dr. Yamamoto Keisuke greeted them as soon as they were inside. He was told beforehand of their arrival and request. "Watashi ga anata no kazoku no dīenuē kensa o tantō shi, kekka wa 1-shūkan inai ni deru to yosō sa rete imasu. Mohaya wa 3-nichi inai ni narimasu. (I will be in-charge of the DNA test of your family and results are expected to be out in a week. Earliest will be in three days.)"

"Kekka ga gizō sa re tari kaizan sa re tari shinai koto o dono yō ni kakunin dekimasu ka? (How can we be sure that the results will not be forged or tampered?)" Hikari asked in obvious hesitation. "Anata wa ima sore o suru koto ga dekimasen, soshite watashitachi wa sore o machimasu ka? (Can't you just do it now and we will wait for it?)"

"Kyō wa izen no tasuku ga aru node, sore wa fukanōda to omoimasu. Watashitachi no kenkyūshitsu no shokuin wa, byōin ni hairu mae kara rinri-tekina sekinin to gimu o mamoru koto o chikatte itanode, mondai wa nai to omoimasu. (I'm afraid that is not possible as we have prior tasks today. Our laboratory personnel, I believed, has vowed to keep their ethical responsibilities and duties even before they entered the hospital so I see no issue on that.)" Dr. Yamamoto said calmly.

"Rirakkusu shite, hanī. Korera no hitobito wa nani o subeki ka o shitte imasu. (Relax, honey. These people know what to do.)" Atsushi said to his wife who was fidgety on her seat. He turned to the doctor and smiled. "Yamamoto sensei, arigatōgozaimashita. Kekka o shinbōdzuyoku machimasu. (Thank you, Doctor Yamamoto. We will patiently wait for the results.)"

Dr. Yamamoto told the couple and Ysabelle that a cheek swab will be done for both maternity and paternity test. After a couple of minutes, a moment of awkward silence filled the air between the three.

"Watashi ga ikanakereba naranai. Tomodachi no hanami ni, doko ka de dōkō suru koto o yakusoku shimashita. (I have to go. I promised my friend, Hanami, that I will be accompanying her somewhere.)" Ysabelle spoke for the first time that day giving them a polite smile.

Both her parents nodded and gave her a smile.

"Dōzo, shin'ainaru. Watashi wa untenshu ni anata o unten suru yō ni iu koto ga dekimasu — (Go ahead, dear. I can tell our driver to drive you—)" It was Hikari who said the words but was cut off by Ysabelle as she shook her head.

"Īe, kanri dekimasu. Shinsetsuna mōshide o arigatō. (No. I can manage. Thanks for the kind offer.)" Ysabelle said reassuringly at her. She looked at Atsushi who was staring at her since they got out of the car. He must be still in shock when he first met her at the convention.

After some time, Ysabelle went to the elevator and exhaled. It was even harder to accept things as they are when they began to take a closer step to the truth.

The elevator door pinged signaling she has reached the lobby and while she was going out, she didn't notice that her first love, Patrick Jeffries, together with his cousin, Kaito, have emtered the other elevator beside hers.

"Oh, man! I still don't get it why we still have to be married to someone we barely even met before!" Kaito exclaimed in his 'perfect' English accent which Patrick blinked in response.

"You speak English so fluently!" Patrick exclaimed and Kaito chuckled. He pressed the floor to their grandfather's room and leaned his back on the railings.

"Mochiron, itoko! (Of course, cousin!)" Kaito laughed and stepped aside when somebody entered the elevator.

"Anata wa hontōni yosoku fukanōdesu, oi! (You really are unpredictable, dude!)" Patrick shook his head and when they got on their floor, both guys went out and headed straight to their grandfather's room.

Their grandfather, who happened to be sickly, was lying in bed. Steam vapor was present there too.

Recently, their grandfather had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital. All their relatives were present including Patrick's father.

The elders, otherwise known as the relatives, had a meeting that same night that it would be better to grant their father's wish: for their children to be engaged as per his request a long time ago.

All Patrick could do was sigh helplessly. Clearly, he has no plans to do so. But, now, he is having second thoughts about it.

Maybe, he might actually be considering it.