Adam

“Where is she?” I couldn’t help but let the words blurt out of my mouth. It had been years since I had seen her, the girl with the long ginger locks, I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, the air was thick in this part of the woods, almost dusty, I raised my head to look at Lucy. Her pale grey eyes welled up with tears, her clothes singed and arms burnt. I knew this would happen. “Are you alright?” I try to be kind and gentle, lifting her hands into mine.

“Yeah I'm alright” Lucy tried so hard to put on a smile, the corners of her lips twitching as if she was about to cry “Just got a little out of control that’s all, but at least now we know, she still has no control, she doesn’t remember me either which is a plus” Now I could really see a smile forming, she was getting excited, She had obviously pressured Raina into something, especially with her injuries.

“Go rest your head Lucy, I’ll keep watch tonight, you’ve done good” I give her one gentle kiss on the cheek before she disappears towards the tent. Raina. Boy it has been so long since I heard that name, her long ginger locks were around her waist when I last saw her, I wonder how much she has changed. I close my eyes and envision her. Her smile, her bright golden eyes, her slender outline, yet she was so small. Flashbacks of the day she left start hitting me, like jabs to my heart, the way she just ran, left me to die. I touch the scar on my face, still deeply engraved into my skin. Thanks to Lucy I made it out alive, at first I just wanted revenge, I didn’t care who or where I just knew that I had to show them what I was capable of, then it changed, I realised if I was going to do this I had to do it right, I had to find Raina, the girl with the ginger locks, and make her pay for what she did to me. I had to make her suffer like she did me.

And suffer she will.