Adam

"We should turn back for the night" I couldn't hide how defeated I sounded, me and Lucy had been looking for about an hour for signs of a fire with no hope. "Are you sure?" she sounds as defeated as I am. I nod and we both head back in silence. It's not long till we are at the clearing again. Everyone is there and I hang my head as I walk up to join them, it only when I lift it again that I realise something is wrong. "You can't be serious" I hear the immune say. I freeze in the tracks as everyone turns to look at me, Shane quickly gets up and storms towards me and I tense ready to be hit. Lucy see's my reaction and quickly steps in front of me which stops Shane clear in his path. He takes a deep breath before he continues. "Adam what do you remember happening after you escaped with Raina?" I breath again, I didn't even realise I was holding my breath until that moment and I look at Shane confused. "I -" I go to say something but then realise that it's all a blank, Panic once again sets in as I try to clear my head "I - I don't know" the words are quiet as I say them and I realise all to quickly what this is about.

"They messed with you Adam" Shane voice is quiet but confident and he tries to comfort me "how did you escape this time?" my breathing starts to speed up and I very quickly realise my mistake "I didn't" my voice was no more than a whisper as I said it "I didn't escape... they let me go" the silence hung heavy in the air and everyone slowly realised what this meant

"Why did they let you go Adam" Shanes voice trailed off as he hoped for any other answer than what I was about to give

"Because I could have my freedom in return.... for killing Raina"