Chapter 1

Yuna's pov:

"Every one get downstairs if you're ready." yells Miss Cho. I guess I should introduce myself my name is Yuna, I am 7 years old and I live at Sunshine orphanage umm.., other than that I don't think there's much to say.

I got downstairs to see almost every one there. Every one looks excited as it is one of the rare days the headmistress has allowed us to play at the nearby park. I wasn't really excited to be honest, I would rather stay inside as horrible things happen outside. My experiences  outside the orphanage hadn't been great. We soon left for the park.

I stared at the other kids playing in the park. My gaze followed the happily screaming and giggling kids. My eyes landed on the swings where a girl about my age was being pushed by her father, and near them I saw a woman who was sitting on a blanket staring at the duo fondly. "Maybe it's her mother." I thought to myself. "Higher! Higher!" says the girl in between her giggles.

That feeling of happiness and joy was unknown to me, I felt sad and a weird feeling creep into my stomach. I turned around and went towards the quieter part of the park, I saw a tree and decided to climb on it as I had nothing else to do. I sat on it and just looked around aimlessly.

"Yuna get down from there we are heading back." one of the workers yells at me. I got down and followed her to the other kids. "Why were you sitting alone and why didn't you play with the others?" she questions as soon as I am near her. I just shrug. She sighs and then left me alone. I didn't play with the others because well most of them don't like me and bully me, but I don't complain as it isn't the worst thing I have ever been put through. And the few who don't bully me pity me and I don't like people pitying me so I stay away from them.

On the walk back to the orphanage I lingered in the back as I had no one to talk to and if you haven't noticed it I am shy I don't really know how to keep a conversation going. I suddenly bumped into a really tall man as I was not looking where I was going. "Sorry." I mumble and ran towards one of the orphanage workers before the guy could ask me anything. I was scared of strangers in general because of my parents and past guardians. It took me awhile to even trust the orphanage workers.

After dinner that day I sat on my bed and wonder if anyone would ever love me. "You're ugly, dumb,worthless and no one will ever love you. You were a mistake." My mother's voice reminded me. I sighed as I lay down. "She's right." I thought that's what Chang had said and that's what Susan had said. Before drifting off to sleep the girl's smiling face came into my head and I thought to myself that I am never going to be happy like her.

Dream:

"How dare you break that cup! You brat!" yelled my mother. 3 year old me jumped and covered in fear but it was all in vain. She grabbed me by my hair and started beating the hell out of me.

"You stupid,good for nothing, ungrateful brat." she yelled in my face "Can't you do anything properly? Such a waste of space" she kept yelling while hitting me mercilessly.

She halted her assault and grabbed a mug of steaming coffee and threw it on me.

I jolt awake startled. The heat of the coffee still lingered as if it just happened. I sniffled to stop the flow of tears. Nightmares were almost a daily occurrence to me yet I never got used to of it. 3:45 a.m. read the clock. I didn't want to have another nightmare so I decide to stay awake. The next day was adoption day, I hated them and usually stayed in my room as my past experiences weren't really good. I sigh and turn on my side and waited for daylight. "I hope no one notices me tomorrow" I thought to myself.

[A/N : First chapter everyone!! I hope you like it. Please comment if u guys have any suggestions.]

]