Chapter 8

Yuna's pov:

Dream:

"Why is the breakfast not ready?" yelled Susan as soon as she saw me still preparing food in the kitchen. I had gotten late to prepare breakfast, as I had passed out due to the previous nights beating. Words got stuck in my throat as I tried to answer her. "Answer me brat." she yelled in my face.

She then grabbed me by my hair and banged my head on the counter. I fell to the floor as my head started spinning like crazy. She continued to kick me. After awhile she grabbed the hot pan which I was using to make eggs and slammed it on my head.

I woke up startled half expecting to wake up on a moldy mattress in Chang and Susan's house. I am reminded of the reality by the soft comforter hugging me. I sigh in relief, but the nightmare still lingers in my mind. I wipe my tears and exhale slowly.

That was one of the worst punishment I had ever gotten. I touched my head where Susan had hit me with the pan. I had a scar over there but it was hidden because of my hair.

"If you have a nightmare come and get me or one of the boys, okay?" Jin's voice reminds me.

I hesitantly get out of my bed and out of the room. I don't know who to go to and I am having second thoughts about going to one of them. What if they get angry at me for waking them up at such a late hour?

Before I can turn around and head to my bedroom, Joonie's bedroom door opens and he looks at me a bit confused. "Did you have a nightmare baby?" He asks softly as realization crosses his face and he kneels in front of me. I slowly nod in response. "Then why were you heading back to your room?" He asks gently, pulling me in his arms. "I thought that you would be angry because I disturbed your sleep so I was going back to my room." I manage to croak out. "It's okay bubs. Hadn't we said that you could come to us whenever?" I nod. "So obviously we wouldn't get mad baby girl." he says as he rubs my back.

He picks me up and takes me to his bedroom. He sways and bounces me a bit on his hip. "Now about your nightmare. Do you want to talk about it?" He asks softly. "No please no" I say as shake my head. "Shhh it's okay. You don't need to talk about it if you don't want to. Just know that I am here if you want to talk about anything. Okay bubs?" "Okay" I reply softly.

He gently guides my head to the crook of his neck and soothes my hair. He presses a kiss to my crown once in every few minutes and hums a tune as he sways me. Sleep which I thought was miles away came in seconds due to his actions and I quickly fall asleep in his arms.

Namjoon's pov:

I lay Yuna on my bed after she falls asleep in my arms. I slowly climb in myself and drape my comforter over the both of us. I cuddle her to my chest and stare at her cute little face.

Yuna atleast trying to come and get one of us was a huge step towards trusting us. She looked really shaken up from her nightmare and seeing her in that state broke me.

I didn't push her to tell me about her nightmare, as I didn't want to make her uncomfortable and make her do something she didn't want to do. I had also asked the others to not to push her with any questions or eating habits. Seokjin hyung was really concerned of her eating habits as she ate really less. I had to remind him that our little one didn't exactly have a great past and that it would take time for her to eat properly. It would take her time to come up to us and tell us everything and do things like a normal kid. It was a huge journey and we had to make it one baby step at a time. But I am patient when it comes to Yuna and so are the others.

I was really glad that she tried to get one of us today. I hope she keeps telling us whenever she needs one of us and doesn't feel afraid in doing so. I hope she doesn't get overwhelmed tomorrow at the mall. I press one last kiss to her forehead and drift off to sleep.