Renewal

I open my eyes to see the library. How odd; I must have fallen asleep here. How silly of me. Then again though rest is welcomed after dealing with Daniela.

Daniela...

I touch my lips. Still covered in a small amount of the blood from her lips, but only stained mine by a little bit. I wipe it off realizing it was probably from that food earlier. Speaking of earlier how long was I out? Getting up slowly I walked over to the window above me and saw the night sky, with a half moon. It was a lovely evening. It was Cold, but lovely to watch.

Through my eye I spotted a small pile of books stacked in 2 rows. Only 5 books were looked at out of this whole archive collection. That may take awhile should I manage to survive.

I placed the books back in what I assumed was the correct topics in alphabetical order by author and title. Once the final book was inside the crevice I left the library. The candles were light all around the top floor still shining brightly as earlier. How strange for it to be as bright as the sun in this room. I walked down the staircase and view the piano as I searched for a way out. I wonder who plays it?

A door bearing a Crest which I can assume is this castle's Crest was to my suprise it was unlocked. I open the door to enter a courtyard. It was filled with almost frozen flowers and bushes with a structure in the middle looking almost like a gazebo with no step or flooring just only the stone ground.

"Hrgh it's freezing." I shuffles my hands together looking across at a two handle door.

I look through the window and recognize the table. This was the dining hall, but I didn't see anyone. Upon opening the door and I was calling out to anyone around.

"Hello? Lady Dimitrescu..?" I shouted out hoping to hear a response. Silence. "Cassandra? Daniela?" I shuddered realizing the only one I haven't called was Bela. Something is off about her, but same can be said for all of them.

"You called?" Cassandra manifested before me bearing a grin.

"AH. C-Cassandra." I stutter given the suprise. "You scared me there."

"Trying to work my appetite are you?" She teased.

"Yes...I mean no I just was curious where was everyone." I inquired to her.

Her grin faded and she sighed. "Mother is out, Daniela is somewhere else, and Bela is downstairs." She said nonchalantly.

I nodded in response.

"You know...come to think of it. There was something weird Daniela said to me earlier." She said her smile returning. "Very weird indeed." she purred walking up to me inches away from my breath.

"What do you mean?" I said unintentionally backing a foot away from her.

She got closer to me and moved to my ear.

"She told me you said something no one said to her before and I wonder what that was." She whispered and licked my cheek.

I felt goosebumps from that sensation. I only lifted my face away from hers and stared up to avoid eye contact.

"I think I deserve a taste if we aren't killing you anytime soon." She giggled as she gripped my shoulders. "Don't you think that'll be fair?"

She wasn't powerful, but the mass of insects swarming inside her must be creating an added weight to hold me down. My back hit the door and I struggled to break free. It was hardly any use. She tilted her head back and bit into my shoulder ripping through my flesh. It hurt like hell. I tried pushing her off, but to no avail she only dug into it harder.

She tilted back and gulped down the flesh and blood. I could see the small bulge in her throat and she squealed in delight.

"So delicious." She moaned holding her cheeks with her hands.