Village of Shadows

Footsteps echoed across the cavern wall with torches lit to illuminate the path. A dark shadow with 6 trifold wings were spread as an ancient murmer escaped the lips of the masked woman. The words were unintelligible to any other human being, but the sounds of growls from the excited Lycans caused a smile to appear across her face. An altar was set in the middle of the hall with many silver eyes watching in anticipation. The picture of a young girl was set in place. It was an altar of memorial.

"You shall soon be brought forth into this world. Too long have I waited for this!" She opened her arms out. "Too long have I been denied this! But not anymore! Tonight IS THE SACRED DAY OF THE RITE!"

Her voice echoed across the walls causing the Lycans to roar in return. Their sounds shook the ground along with their blood-covered hands shook their weapons.

"WE WILL TAKE NOT JUST THEIR LIVES! WE WILL TAKE EVERYTHING TO ENSURE HER RETURN!" The woman turned back to signal the creatures. "GO FORTH. LEAVE NOT A SOUL ALIVE TO SPREAD IT'S WINGS FOR THE FALSE HAVEN. LET THEM BE DRAGGED TO THE VILIEST CORNERS OF ETERNAL DARKNESS!!!"

With a motion of her hand the small army of former humans rushed through the cavern entrance. Their howls and sprints echoed throughout the woods. The moon barely illuminated the village as it was covered by dark clouds. The snow lightly falling across an old man's red nose. He sniffled and let out a breath. His breath clearly visible to the cold air amusing him.

"An interesting type of night." He said turning around to open his cabin door.

Once the door handle turned a crunch of a branch was heard causing the old man to stop dead in his tracks. He turned around, but nothing was to be seen through the darkness. The lantern across his doorstep was grabbed by his hand and he wandered out to investigate.

"Who's out there?" He squinted his eyes looking around.

The old man opened his door and grabbed a gun resting on a table. In his right hand was an old family heirloom that was a gun from a German officer during WW2. Taken from his hands at the day of the concentration camp liberation. He aimed the gun as he used the lantern to brighten his dark path. The sounds of rushing feet across the snow were heard everywhere tormenting the old man. He raised the pistol in a panic and shot at a bush. The gunshot echoed causing crows to be scared off and the sounds were getting louder causing his dread to creep within him further. A low growl was heard behind the old man.

"You are-" He said turning around frantically.

The silver eyes watched in glee as his throat was slashed. The old man attempted to breathe, but his efforts were in vain as the blood poured from his adams apple. The sounds of gurgling were his final noises as his eyes grew a hazy white. His body was pushed against the snow and his coat was ripped open for a feast. The lycan wasted not a second further as it tore into his insides. The sharpened teeth easily crushed his ribcage without fail as if it were taffy.

A breeze began to stir snuffing out any torches outside the homes leaving it in darkness. The moon shone clearly enough for someone to see a decent distance with clear vision. Few of the villagers were rubbing their eyes as the scuffling sounds atop the roofs were heard. Small fragments of dust slipped off a support beam waking a woman. She felt the powder touch her face on her bed. Curious, she wiped it off her face to notice the sounds of growls. She quickly held her breath as the creaks grew louder and louder.

The sounds stopped as a high pitched scream echoed through the village, but it only lasted a second before the sound cut off. Cattle all around were whining in pain and desperately trying to escape only to fall against the hard ground from their open wounds. Soon enough what followed haunted her last moments of life as she heard many cries of the wolf men. Their roars shook her to the core as she trembled quickly hiding under her own bed. The door banged and banged until the hinge busted apart. The woman closed her eyes shut with tears streaming down her face as the creature sniffed the air brandishing it's weapon. It was searching for her.