Carnage

Shortly after Alcina left immediately I climbed down the tower ignoring the pleas of my family and Heisenberg. Once I came to the Duke, he immediately could tell I was willing to pay any price. With a grim smile he supplied me with boxes of ammunition and adjusted the scope for longer distances per my request.

"Be careful mister (L/N)." He spoke.

"I will Duke. When this is over you're giving those cooking lessons." I half-grinned.

"Secure coin and it's a deal." He waved off.

I gave him a thumbs up before leaving to return to the tower.

Donna still wiping her tears sat down against the stone. Marianne comforting her and holding her hand on Donna's shoulder. With her eyes closed and everyone watching curiously Marianne opened them suddenly. As a response Donna's lips quivered for a brief moment before she calmed down. Her sadness was replaced with a sense of temporary happiness and Marianne closed her eyes once more letting out a low whistle.

I stopped moving hearing the whistle and looked around until realizing it was Marie from the tower. I felt... invigorated; determined to fight. Her whistle could be heard internally. It brought back to when I first discovered this.

"Dad I have something amazing to show you!" Marianne exclaimed with a giggle.

"Oh yeah." I set down a book on a table. "Show me."

She ran across the hall to gain distance. To my confusion I soon realize what she was doing when I heard a few hums echo. I stayed in place and she came back into view.

"I can go further and you can still hear." She shouted.

Taking a few steps back she continued her hums. They were crystal clear to both my ears and I felt vibrations through my body. Looking at her in suprise made her toothy smile show itself on her face. She ran back to me, but tripped on the carpet.

"You ok sweetie?" I laughed running up to her.

"Yeah." She laughed in return. "I'm ok."

"Quite a clumsy one aren't you." I helped her up.

"Mother said it's a power I have. She said I have sound ma-mani-maniupl..?"

"Manipulation?" I suggested.

"Yeah that word. I don't get it though..." She scratched her head. "But you could hear it right?"

"Indeed. It was as if you were right next to me. That's amazing."

"Really?! Sweet!" She beamed. "Oh can we have some of that bunny in the kitchen??"

"Are you really trying to get food right now. Is that why you showed me that and are now asking for food?" I raised an eyebrow.

"...."

"Marianne. I'm right aren't I."

"...noooo. Maybe." She twiddled her thumbs with a sly attitude.

"Alright." I sighed. "C'mon then. I'm getting hungry myself, but don't eat too much. We have a dinner planned soon."

I lifted her up to put her on my shoulders. Easily enough she was still light to carry. Doing certain exercises around the castle certainly helped throughout my time here. Marianne was suprised at how high she was from the ground and rested her small hands on my head. Her soft hands resting on my long hair.

"I'm almost as tall as Grandmother."

"Yeah?" I asked smiling. "If you were as tall as her it would hurt to fall down."

"I am a princess of this castle father! We don't fall!" She grumbled.

"You tripped on a carpet sweetie..."