Starry Night

(Lara Croft by me.)

I sat down on the soft sheets of a beautiful golden bed

I sat down on the soft sheets of a beautiful golden bed. The room I have been residing in for months came to be my room. It was originally the chambermaid's quarters, however she passed on from natural causes rather than become one of the maidens down below the castle as I've been told. I honestly felt sorry for the maids that became those creatures. I killed one without thinking it was human as many would in that situation, but to realize they were once humans and terrified for their lives is tragic. I suppose I put that one out of it's misery if I really thought about it. I sighed laying back against the golden fabric. Despite knowing this and staying here by choice I still love the denizens of this beautiful castle.

"Today was quite an interesting day." I smiled to myself. "Maybe Cassandra will get her wish."

I looked aside to my right to spot a small plate with a few grapes and a piece of hard paper.

"Was that always there?"

I observed the papers contents and enjoyed a small grape while I read.

You truly have no idea how happy I am you came into our lives. From each and every one of us we express our gratitude. No other courtesy is extended to any lower residents of House Dimitrescu. You changed our ways through so many small actions. With each passing day you are seen wandering and researching our family. It brings great joy seeing I don't regret my decision letting you live. A lover like you is irreplaceable to us.

I smiled feeling a small tear form in my eye. I held the paper away to avoid damage while wiping away my tear.

Hearing a small knock against the door I walked over recomposing myself before answering. Daniela was smiling and hugged me tightly.

"Hey there." I smiled hugging back.

"I have a request for you and you can't turn it down." Daniela patted down my shoulder.

"Why would I refuse one of your offers?" I asked.

"I'm not sure actually." She pondered. "But come along with me anyway." She clasped my hand.

I followed her as she ran across the long hallways. Her hand still holding tightly to mine. She stopped outside of Alcina's room and held a finger up releasing my hand.

"Wait here and don't come into until we say so." She smiled.

Her radiant smile had less and less blood stained across her crimson lips. It made her look more lively and beautiful than before.

"Wait that's it?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah it's a suprise." She stated. "Can't have you finding out now can we?"

"Makes sense." I nodded shrugging.

"You'll love it." She smiled coming closer to me.

I felt her lips caress my own. A peck became a much more gentle bundle of kisses. After the 4th she parted mine.