Suprise

A day has passed since I saw Daniela's small performance and I can't help, but think that there is more to these women than what meets the eye. I don't remember much of what happened after, but it seemed so peaceful since I've been kept here.

I often kept going to the library, but hardly saw Daniela or even Cassandra. Possibly something was amiss? However so I managed to find crystal fragments inside certain painting frames and saved them in a small box I found in the library. I kept it right on the table in the main hallway that had the 2nd level. I'll need to visit Duke later once I get the chance.

Today however, I stumbled across a strange scent. At first I wondered if it was a spilled wine or a possible corpse, but there was something odd about it. It almost smelled like...blood and hay?

Curiosity soon got the better of me and I found an unlocked door as I searched the castle out of curiosity. The hallway inside looked almost exactly as the second level was, but there was stone tiles to the right. I saw windows upon black-stained stone and I saw a pile of animal carcasses that were stripped clean of their insides, but spared on their skins. I shuddered realizing this was a kitchen.

As I was about to turn around I felt a growl from my stomach. I was hungry. Apparently seeing an pig carcass exactly as portrayed in a butchery made me hungry. How odd. I only sighed and entered. There was 3 tubs filled with a thick red substance which I can assume was blood. To the right of it was vegetables and a slab of a calf muscle from the animal lying next to the table clean and untouched.

"Thank god it's not a person" I placed my hand on my forehead in relief. "But why is there vegetables along with it?"

"Trying to obtain your food early?" I heard a voice call out from the room nextdoor. "I knew the trap would work, but I didn't expect the vegetables to be of help as well."

I jumped back in suprise and then calmed down realizing it must have been Bela. I waited for her to appear, but she didn't show up. What gives? I frowned and turned to leave not before grabbing the food. I munched on the vegetable and downed the food while setting aside the muscle for later.

"Where are you going little one?" The voice asked seductively.

I jumped and almost fell against the floor, but I regained balance

I jumped and almost fell against the floor, but I regained balance. I didn't even think she would scare me like that. Talk about a creepy woman.

"I thought you were over there." I pointed to the next room in confusion.

"I was, but it's much better to scare the livestock. When they are afraid." She trailed a finger across her sickle. "The blood became much sweeter. Do you know why that is?"

I knew where this was going no question. Either I need to run NOW or I need to stick it out until she gets bored of me. Wait...they love when I am in pain or scared. What if I stand my ground and take charge? If I can anyway.

"It's the rush of adrenaline and the alert behavior correct?" I laughed nervously hoping to avoid any unnecessary implications of fear.

She giggled and stared at me up and down shifting her posture to a slant.