Addition to the Family

I had no clue where Heisenberg was taking me, but every step filled me with fear as I heard growling across every corner of the ruined village. Heisenberg hardly spoke a word throughout the walk. I couldn't read him through his glasses. I need to break off this chill I have running through my body everytime I spot one of those monsters lurking. The creatures notice my stare and snarl at me causing Heisenberg to chuckle to himself.

"In all honesty I didn't think anyone was left, but you must be pretty tough to survive it huh?" Heisenberg turned back to me still walking forward.

"I'm lucky enough I made it." I sighed. "What..are those things?"

"Them?" Heisenberg points at a few sitting on top of a house laying in a dormant state. "Lycans. You know like the legend."

I shuddered as it twitched facing me

"A-anyway what is your story Karl?" I asked quickly trying to lighten the dark tone. "I've been curious about you ever since we first met."

Karl paused. I'm not sure if it was annoyance or suprise an outsider asked such an obvious welcoming question.

"You really wanna know?" He asked me raising an eyebrow through his glasses. "Because I'm sure there are other things you would want to talk about I assume?"

"Enlighten me sir." I said forcing a small smile.

"Well for now I'll only tell you what you need to know." He said adjusting his hat.

"Good enough for me." I walked faster to stand beside him on our walk.

"As you can tell by the fact none of those guys are tearing you to pieces it is simply because they are commanded to refrain from doing so by all of us." He waved his hand in a gesture as spoke. "Lucky enough for you you have our protection for now. It's probably because that bitch wants to add you into her family."

"Family? I'm already a member of House Dimitrescu it's not Alcina you're talking about is it?" I asked.

"It's Mother Miranda. She could care less for your Roman polyamorous shit you got in the Castle. No no this is something that's got her intrigued enough to make me fetch you and guarantee safe passage." He grumbled.

I was left with more questions than answers, but there was a hint in that. She must be the true ruler, but hearing her name makes me feel scared for a whole another reason. Why would it though?

"Well either way I appreciate the escort Karl." I looked at him. "I would most likely be dead if I didn't have a badass escorting me."

He stared back at me becoming uncomfortable.

"You're scaring me kid. You don't need to do that appreciative crap with me. It's nice to hear it I will admit that. Just don't think this will be some brother's in arms scenario." He joked.

"If it were I'd need a cool weapon like that hammer." I pointed at his weapon.

"This old thing?" He shrugged his shoulder. "It's mainly decoration since I hardly ever need to use it."