Getting The Cure?

Batman and nightingale started making their way out of the old G.C.P.D building when batman's wristwatch started to beep. he clicks it to see another voice mail from joker. 

Voice mail: you have one missed call

" hey, bats. are you ok? I'm sorry I had Harley steal your cure. you and your birdie were so busy with freeze that she didn't have time to ask. but don't worry - as soon as that little minx is back here and I've had my share, I'll save some for you. you'll have to work for it but I will be right here waiting for you. you probably won't believe this, but I really don't think I can sit back and watch you die. it's selfish really. but we need each other. life would be so boring without you. who would I talk to? who would really understand me?" 

 batman and nightingale walked out of the G.C.P.D through the back door as a Gotham new's helicopter appears out of nowhere, " my god. our mystery caller was correct. it looks like batman and nightingale themselves are exiting the building." Vicki vale said, " are they really? hello, Gotham. it's me. I'm afraid ms. vale will soon be leaving the airwaves." joker said broadcast before a rocket launcher was heard and the helicopter was shot out of the air and it started to crash into Arkham city, " oh no," nightingale said in shock. " we apologize for this interruption," Joker said as he lets an evil chuckle.

" we've been hit! we're going down! mayday! mayday! if anyone can hear me. we're--" Vicki vale said before her broadcast went silent. "we need to save her," nightingale said before she jumps off the roof with batman following her as they made their way to the crash site." hello? Gotham! I don't know If you can hear me. my news copter has been shot down. we've crashed down somewhere in Arkham city. we need help!" Vicki vale called out in her broadcast as nightingale and batman kept jumping from rooftop to rooftop toward the crash. " I am now stuck on part of the old Gotham freeway in what looks like a turf war between..." Vicki said but then a gunshot was heard. " what the hell was that?! oh god! there are snipers! they're all around my position. I can see what looks like inmates moving in on us. please, if anyone can hear me, send help!" Vicki vale called out as batman and nightingale saw Vicki vale trapped on the old freeway as four snipers aimed at her. " okay, you take the left, I'll take the right." batman said to nightingale. she nodded her head and they went their separate way to deal with the snipers. nightingale came behind two snipers and took them both out silently before she hears Vicki vale said in her recorder, " it appears that the snipers covering my position from the southeast have gone. the roof of the kirshen building has gone quiet. either they've all left or someone has taken them to" meanwhile batman was on the other side of the highway as he takes the last two remaining snipers out. " gunfire has ceased from dini towers. I can no longer see the snipers on the roof of the apartment building. if anyone can hear this broadcast, send help, please." Vicki vale said before batman jumps down and grappled her up to a rooftop. 

as he landed on the ground nightingale jumps down and lands next to batman as Vicki vale turned and looked at batman and nightingale. " you should be safe here for now. stay here and keep out of sight" batman said as he and nightingale were about to go but Vicki vale asks, " Any chance I could get an exclusive? care to tell Gotham what's going on with  your face?" " no, stay there and be quiet." batman said as nightingale saw someone watching them from another rooftop, but before she could investigate joker's voice came on the comms. " now, that's no way to talk to the nice reporter lady, bats." joker said, " what do you want?" batman said as he turned his back to Vicki vale. " who are you walking to?" Vicki vale asks in confusion. " now see what you've done? the poor woman's all confused. hardly surprising, I suppose. I mean, she's just been in a terrible accident. hehe-hehe," joker said in a sinister tone. " that you caused," Nightengale said through the comms. "how dare you! I've never been so... oh what the hell? yes, ok, it was me. I just needed a little time to guarantee that Harley got back to me with my delicious cure and, if you're a good boy, I may even save a little for you. it's unlikely, I know, but, I'm really your last hope now, aren't I?" joker said before the comms went silent, " come on. we need to go" nightingale said to batman before they both grappled up to the rooftops making their way back to the steel mill.