Chapter 46

"I can't tell you how sexy that is," Deonna Purrazzo said. Her eyes were full of lust as she looked at her girlfriend.

Sylvie Brett looked at her lover, lounging on the couch in Sylvie's apartment's living room, then gave her a twirl to show off her look. "Still feels weird modelling my uniform for you like this. But since you find it sexy..."

"I've always been a sucker for a uniform," Purrazzo breathed. "And for really hot blondes, too."

"But I'll have to do," Brett said.

Purrazzo giggled. "You even put the gloves on."

"Well, you said you wanted me the way I look on duty. I wear these things pretty much all day," Brett said, raising her hands and looking at the blue nitrile gloves for a second. "Anyway, they might be good for, well, you know."

"You're talking about pleasuring me, Ms Brett."

Brett moved over to the couch and sat down on her lover's lap, facing her. "That's exactly what I'm talking about." With that, she started kissing Purrazzo's neck, knowing that it was a weakness she had. It started working its magic right away.

"Mmmm," Purrazzo purred. "You drive me crazy, Sylvie. You're so..."

She was interrupted by her phone starting to ring. It was sitting beside her on the couch. 'Sergeant Lindsay' was on the screen, not a welcome sight on a Sunday evening, which was meant to be a day off. She made to pick the phone up, but Sylvie got there first and grabbed it. With her other hand, she covered Purrazzo's mouth. "Sshhh. Don't make a sound. You're going nowhere until I'm finished with you."

"Mmmmm!" Purrazzo protested into the hand, but she didn't try to struggle. She wasn't the one in charge of this encounter.

"Sshhh," Brett said again, before answering the call. "Hello, Sergeant Lindsay, it's Sylvie. Deonna can't talk right now."

Purrazzo had to stop herself laughing at the innocent way her partner had spoken.

"Hi, Sylvie. Get a message to her for me, will you? We've got a case. I need her at 595 Alcott Street ASAP."

"Sure, I'll pass that on for you," Brett promised. The call was ended at the other end. Sergeant Lindsay didn't seem to have had time for good manners. But then that was probably a sergeant thing. She tossed the phone aside.

"Wmmt's shmm wmmt?" Purrazzo mumbled into Brett's hand, which remained clamped over her mouth.

"Some case has come up. You've got to go to 595 Alcott Street. But you're going nowhere yet."

Brett slipped her other hand down the front of her girl's pants, and into her underwear. She met no resistance or objection. Whatever the case was could wait a while.

"Nice of you to show up, Purrazzo," Lindsay said when Intelligence Unit's newest member joined the rest of the team on the sidewalk outside of 595 Alcott Street. The boss made a point of looking at her watch.

"Sorry, Sergeant. I came as quickly as I could." Literally, she thought, picturing Sylvie in her paramedic attire again.

"Right. Now that we're all here, to business. We've got two missing twelve year old girls. Marie Palmer and Stacey Garrett. The house we're in front of is the Palmer house. Both families were at a barbecue party here from lunch time until this evening, when they noticed the girls were missing."

"The girls weren't at the barbecue?" Halstead asked. Purrazzo had moved to stand next to him, keeping their partnership unit together. For the same reason, Kim Burgess stood with Kevin Atwater and Adam Ruzek stood with Alvin Olinsky. It was a subconscious thing that almost always happened.