|39|

Emotional chapter 🤭🥺 we're almost done with this books guys. Everything is falling into place 🥰. Also this chapter is not edited please let me know if you see anything misspelled point them out to me ! I hope you guys will enjoy.

Before we start I'd like to shout out _Sjivwe  thank you for showing so much love and support for my book I appreciate it 💕

Now ENJOY!
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Alethiology

n.
study of truth

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
8:15 pm
Warehouse Meeting room

"Lukas are you even listening?" Alina pulled me from my train of thought.

"Yes I'm listening-"
"I've been calling your name over and over. What's going on?"

"Nothing much just a lot on my mind , finish." We've been in this damn meeting room at one of my warehouses discussing this Christopher person. Glad Apala wasn't going on that date anymore. I wanted Hunter to tell her more about him since I would be here all day. It wasn't a good idea to hang out with him anymore. He's a target. Well she is too but she's heavily protected.

Alina gave me a long hard stare before speaking again.
"Now as I was saying-"

Her mouth was moving but my mind once again drifted off to my beautiful queen.

how much I just want to hold her

'I love you.' Her last words before she fainted. I sat there still connected to her while she just passed out. Before she faints she goes and say I love you?

Removing my self from her I sat and stared at her unconscious body. She was sweaty and sticky so I decided to get my wipes from the bathroom to wipe her down and placed her under the covers once I was finish.

It was unlike me to just sit up all night staring at her. Just a couple days ago I wanted her gone now I want her to stay. I couldn't make up my mind around this woman. I do reckless shit whenever she's involved.

I needed a smoke. Getting up from my bed I left to the patio out back. Yet of course I couldn't enjoy this full moon for long oh no Mr. Diego comes rolling in. "Boss" he says with a low huff.

"This better be good . It's damn two in the morning." I had a mean ass headache now I did not want to be bothered.
There for a minute was a moment of silence.

"It's skylar." He took a moment and watched me carefully.
"You sure?"
"Her and Alex have been in some form of contact for some time now it only makes sense. Some she was also in town around the time the letter was sent to us."

"Get Hunter on this as well I need more evidence"

"Of course luk." He said before walking back inside.Just before returning he asked me "what do you think her motive is?"

"That I cannot even answer."
Skylar out of all people what could possibly be her motive? That question I'll rethink all day I just know it.

"luk what's going on why are you sitting outside at two almost three in the moring?" He was half way out the door .

"A man can't think ?" I smiled but it soon dropped .