|1|

Apala Hayes
                      Stripperhood
                           /noun/
        Is the part of a strippers life when             she was actively stripping/dancing.
                               🧡
Play the song
*******************************
"And what everyone's been waiting for , last but not least , Vixen."
Putting on the last of my eye liner I heard my name ringing through the speakers.
"You're up vix." One of the girls told me before walking out.

They started playing my song and whew did I shake my ass better at this then any other.

I walked out into the crowded room filled with men. The smell of sweat and cigars filled my nose, that's as usual though.

A tall dark brother came close and slipped a fifty in between my cleavage. Then another under my waist beads. He smiled and damn them pearly whites was beaut.

One thing I disliked the most about being a stripper were the fat men that always ran  their hands up and down my thighs. Hands be so sweaty yo and I be bout ready to fight a motherfucker but I can't cuz I signed up for this shit.

About thirty minutes in on dancing I began to feel all sweaty and sticky. My song soon ended and thank god it was my last dance of the night. I was sleepy as fuck and thought I'd pass out on stage.

"You did good girl like always." Cherry came up behind me clashing her sweaty body on mine.
Cherry aka Mya was a long time friend of mine since middle school. She told me I'm  her Vietnamese black sista.

"Yea I'm finna get the hell out of here. Don't forget we have a test tomorrow morning I hope yo ass studied cuz yeen finna keep cheating off me." She rolled her eyes and grabbed a small fan from the make up stand to cool her self down.

I began to undress from my all orange fit and into regular clothes. I hated taking showers here hell,nah this place just ain't somewhere you wanna shower. "Ight girl I'm heading out call me when you get off." I gave her a tight hug before leaving.
"Yea I will good night girl."

I walked out to my old hatchback my father left it to my step brother but him being the stuck up kind I took it off his hands. I lived a good thirty six minutes away. Far yea I know that cuz ion want mother fuckers knowing we're I lived and know my real identity.

You see ima college student , only one week left and I'm done. Next Friday is graduation day and boy I couldn't wait. Meaning I can get a good job and a good house so my sister wouldn't have to be in foster care while I'm out here living life.
I tried to adopt her multiple times but the 'system' states my apartment only has one room and because I'm a stripper I wasn't qualified to adopt her. Like as long as I put food on the table and a roof over her head and making sure she was in school ion see the problem.

Sitting at a red light I decided to look through my phone a bit even though it's illegal now to be on ya phone in New York.

After my drive from work I later arrived to my one bed room apartment to see a pacing kain outside my door.

"You good?" I slowly approached him slowly. "A , I'm in some real deep shit right now." Kain here is my step brother and probably the world's dumbest person alive.

"Why you out here so late it's twelve in the morning?" I unlocked my apartment door and placed my keys on the near by table. "Boy come on in here before you catch a cold." 

He walked in still pacing from before. I mentally roll my eyes at him.
"So what's good?"

"A.....it's some very bad men looking for me."

I sighed and walked to the fridge. "Aren't there always men looking for you?"

"Nah see this shit different.....they came from dads debt."

His words caught me off guard. Dad?
My father been dead for seven years now. The hell he have a debt for and why is it making kain so jumpy?

"What kinda debt?"
He looked at me the eyeing my left over tacos.
"Like deep money debt." He walked over and picks up one of my tacos then stuffing it down his throat.

I crossed my arms at this man who can never stay focused. "How much?"

"Li..ke.....fifty....thousand." He spoke between chewing and trying not to choke.
"Oh shit that ain't nothing I can pay it off."
After he swallowed his food and burped in my face 'ole nasty bitch' I mouthed, he spoke clearly now.

"I meant five hundred thousand."
Both our eyes widened. Da fuck his eyes widened for he been knew.
"What the fuck you mean five hundred thousand ?!!!"
"Exactly what I said."
"Why is it so much?"

"Look dad use to be a big time gambler or sum shit and apparently he owed them some money."
"Them?"
"A, ain never seen motherfuckers that big and inked up like that . Their language was different then what I've heard."
Dad had a debt that big and ain't tell someone or tried to pay it off?

"And you know all this how?"
"Bruh they showed up at my house demanding the money by the end of the week if not we outta ass and it's FUCKING WEDNESDAY.!"

"We? Man when you start speaking French." I laughed lowly but clearly he ain't find shit funny.

I placed my plate in the sink.

"Hell yea we ....you his daughter so shit and like you a stripper so can you , you know pay them off."

This man gotta be joking if he think I'm giving him all my savings! Well I do have other money stashed but ain't spending a dime, debt or not this ain't my problem.

"Yea I think it's time you leave buddy."
I walked close to the door ready to open it.
"You make all this money all you gotta do is pay they ass off or we gone be six feet under."

"AINT NO WE OK?!"
"I'm not giving up money I worked my ass off for since I was 19 .I had sweaty men kiss up on me and touch me for years just so I can save up and get my sister outta foster care. You think Ima just give all that up? That money right there is our ticket out this shit hole town. She deserves a life and I'm going to give it to her so get ya ass out my apartment and go figure out how you gone get that five hundred thousand ."

He looked me up and down a scuffed.
"Sum you wanna say?"
"Nah I see how you doing me... don't say nun when they come to yo job or show up at yo crib."

"Yea and when they do Nor will I or my money be here so bloop goodnight."

I slammed my door in his face cuz at this point I really don't give a fuck ,five hundred gs  my ass.

I walked straight to my room and took a shower before hoping in bed.  I snuggled up into my furry blankets and my eyes soon fell in defeat.

****************************