|10|

Nyctophilia
Noun.
An attraction to darkness or night; finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness.
🧡
*******************************
"You good girl?"
Mya voice knocked me out from my train of thought.
"Yea just got a lot on my mind that all."
"Is about you know work?"

'Not really more about a 6'2 tatted devil.'

Of course I didn't tell her that.
"Yea somewhat."
We were trying on our cap and gowns it's official we had three more days until graduation. Mya keep talking about how she wanted to leave and go back home after graduation. I don't blame her we were out of jobs and it's hard finding work. Being without my bestfriend feels like that hole I try to fill will soon come back to its hollow form once she leave.

"I'll be right back." I left the main auditorium dressing room to use the bathroom. I needed a pantyliner.

Our Dean told the student body to put all personal belongings even cellphones up in the dressing room lockers for graduation practice. So here I was opening my locker to retreat a tampon until my eyes caught hold of the most beautiful thing ever.

An fox fur color rose...... I hate roses but the colors similar to orange always did it for me. It smelt sweet just like my first one I received when I was younger. My dad use to always bring them home from his business trips and he'd tell me stories of orange roses in england and how vixens were drawn to the color because it reminded them of their fur. Yet of course I was young and believed everything he said , foxes were like dogs when it comes to colorblindness, at least he tried though an A for effort I'd say.

But my father's dead as he had been for six years now,no one knows about how these roses were special to me but pop. Unless.....

"That Bitch."
I mumbled. I have yet seen or heard from him in the last three days ,was this a way of reassuring our deal? Sending roses now like he some oh so sweet lover boy. Ever since that night I couldn't help but think about him, was that weird I'd think of him 24/7 and sometimes I even wanted to hear that devil voice of his?

"Yes" I sighed throwing the rose back in my locker then grabbing my purse and making my way to the schools bathroom.

Joining Mya and the rest of the class until practice was over.
**********************

^John Stevaki^

"I'd like you to meet Mr. Stevaki"
Oh.my.gosh...It was the John Stevaki in the flesh.The number one man in the film/ photography  industry that can make your dreams come true.

My professor here was introducing me to him as promised.
"This young lady here is an extraordinary student of mine. I told her I'd introduce you to her."

"Hello Ms.?"I reach out grapping his available hand that was gestured towards me. Still shaking his hand.

My professor noticed how stunned and speechless I was.
"Her name is Apala Hayes."
His eyes widened
"Apala like the female modification of Apollo. Your parents named you well."

"Yes thank you."
His eyes were so ....beautiful it held freedom and god that smile of his were like a sea of pearls.

"I'll leave you to chat more." My professor left .

"So I've heard you'd like to join my team."
"Yes of course it's been my dream of mine to work in your company. I've even studied the technology you use and what kind of places you look into. I even know the kind of lenses you used on your recent shoot , a canon RF 15-35 mm lens for the all white portrait and the-" His small smile came through as that giving me a hint that I'm talking to much but he was amused.
"....sorry it's just your view of art is really inspiring."
I looked down to notice I was still holding his hand.
"Oh sorry."
His low laugh was like the sweet taste of ice cream.....If he wasn't thirty-six ,I'd let him fuck the shit out of  me.

"I've seen your work and......I like your spirit. I can't even get my crew to remember which lens is which.
How about after graduation you come down to my office and I'll give you an guaranteed  paid temp position under one of my special teams. If I like your work as much as I do now I'll let you stay and the job is yours if not then you know how that goes."

He dug in his pocket to pull out a business card , turning the card over he wrote his cell number down.
"Remember the day after graduation."
"Okay." It was hard trying to hide my smile.
"I'll be waiting for you."
He smiled then waved me off.

My dreams were really happening they were finally coming together .
Just don't mess this up you really need this. Let's just hope he doesn't ask about my previous job. Maybe he'd understand I mean stripping was a form of art.....in my eyes.

Once I was done with graduation practice I headed out the school to my old get beautiful hatchback. Unfortunately for me two familiar faces came into view and an unknown face.

"What?"
"No hello?"
"I'm not really in the mood for your jokes just what do you want?" His pearls took over by storm, long black pea coat that dropped to his ankles. It worked for him so well.... black was seriously his color.

But seriously a pea coat ? It's in the middle of May.

"Get in and stop question me."
He walked off around the car with a smiling hunter sitting in the passenger seat. Was the mafia ran by children?
"Mr.King" I said sarcastically "I actually have things to-"
He cut me off
"Lukas."
"What ?" I looked confused.

"Call me by my name"

*******************************