Chapter 15 : ☆Deer in the Open☆

Word count: 5000 -not edited-

I fucked up, a corrosive acid cant be neutralized well not all of them.
So....I'm sorry.

....

Seojoon wouldn't lie, of course he wouldn't, right ?

"Hankyeon ?", a small hum answered him.

"Am i wrong for lying to him, I know i told him most of the truth but I feel like I should have told him the rest", Hankyeon looked up the black eyes of worry above him, his soft brown ones slowly filling with worry as well, taking the others hand he held it softly.
"You know your brother, he pieces things together in his head faster than a computer processor, I have zero doubt that he probably has his guard up not to mention those boys he managed to form a group with".

Seojoon slumped his shoulders, Hankyeon was right, hongjoong probably figured out the whole thing already but he didn't like lying to his baby brother.

°Earlier ~

Hongjoong laid in bed recalling the events of his game, someone had died, he killed them.
The feeling was like a void, no real remorse or regret. Just an empty feeling.

Yet, why did his eyes still shed tears thinking that could have been someone else. The cold room didn't help in the feeling either, curse seonghwa and his long baths.
Hongjoong crawled out of bed no longer liking the feeling of the sheet, walking out of the room in an oversized t-shirt and some sweats comfortably sagging on his body.

The couch was empty, in fact the whole room was empty, all the other room doors where locked. So when the quiet knock interrupted his depressive thinking, he took it as a sign of good fortune. With no haste he walked over and opened it, revealing a casually dressed seojoon, the fit did him justice finally showing of the muscles he hardly even used.

"Joongie~ !", seojoon singsang as he waltzed in hongjoong rolled his eyes and closed the door,
"What are you doing here joon ?",

"Cant i come see my brother and brother- in- law ?", he asked as he plopped onto the couch.
"Yeaaaa sure, what about my brother in law ?", seojoon paused for a bit, thinking of the correct answer to give.
"Well you see he kinda umm, he's in bed a bit tired...anyways, I came to talk ",

"Talk ?",

"Yeah sadly it's a bit more serious than normal",

"Good ahead",

"Well from what I'm guess you've already seen the drastic changes in the games, not to mention to unprecedented last minute changes, I have intelligence from Yujun that it may have something to do with a the ongoing tension between the groups..", seojoon paused allowing what he had said to sink in that 'student' definitely wasnt a name he wanted to say aloud to his brother but no doubt the younger would figure it out anyways.

Hongjoong nodded and seojoon continued,
"We have reason to believe they have been in contact with other high ranking members...other than her. Turns out they might be affiliated deeper than we had first thought, the redirect has been sent to Seokmin if anything he's coming straight here from Korea. What we're afraid off is if they access the student files and use the data against you guys for the last two games and seeing that is eight of you they might try to dig something up from everyone, other than that the redirect in route has nothing more than some plans, if anything it's a decoy something to buy time with".

Hongjoong's nails grazed over his palm as he processed everything,
"There gonna attack here, arent they ?"

"Most likely, we are certain some of their members have already made themselves known in the staff of the school, even though you have two games left you all should be careful, you especially hongjoong", he voice was with worry, if something bad was to happen to hongjoong he wouldn't know how to live with himself after that.