Chapter 2 Searching for Vala

The tailor chuckles throwing up his hands " Okay, okay! Midnight no need to get hasty!" As he takes measurements he also walks over to a dummy about the size of Midnight gathering cloth and wool pinning it to the dummy "Now Midnight this outfit will allow you to transition from wolf to human easily even with your shadow half once you get whatever it is fixed! It will also have a wolf head on a leather buckle on the chest and shoulder!" She nods in agreement. Saku walks in [ding, ding] " Midnight, I am getting ready to leave out to the outer ice lands. I think it would be better if you stayed here with Creed and Yana, the last thing I need to happen is something to happen to you!" Midnight sighs "Will you stand still please!" the tailor barked "ugh! Fine" she moaned Saku turns grabbing the handle for the door pulling it towards him [ding, ding] walks out and the door closing behind him. Fang walks up from the right " You could use the company, right!" he asked Saku, he nods " yeah I suppose I could since Midnight is not in any condition to fight in case we have to!" he and Fang walk out of the alley turn left going towards the blacksmith. Saku catches a glimpse of the blacksmith before something about him changed, as it turns out the blacksmith is an elder dwarf able to enchant items of choice as they get closer " So Mr. blacksmith what did you say your name is again?" catching the blacksmith off guard changes back into a burly mid-height man with a black apron and black soot on his face " Uh!... Uh..... Saku I didn't realize you were going to stop by!" Saku grins " Yeah sorry bout that I like to do that on occasion, so your name was?" The blacksmith puts a sword down "Uh... Well um.." Saku gets agitated " Your name blacksmith!" he sighs " It's Kegar Stonesharp, that's my actual name. My blacksmith name is just Kegar." Saku and Fang get up to the table " So your an enchanter dwarf blacksmith why hide your true self Kegar?" Saku asked He looks down "Why show my true self when all I've had was grief and everyone trying to take an ax to my head, so I just stay like this when people are around!" Saku nods as he understood. Kegar grunts " Oh! Before I forget Saku I noticed that black spear you made!" He grabs a pair of bracelets " I think these would come in handy!" As he hands them to Saku he looks them over one is white the other black, but together in his hand they were clear ice blue " Wait! The mist and fog, the white ice wolf did you have something to do with it Kegar?" he turns around from the hot forge blower takes a few steps toward Saku " Do you really want me to answer that Saku Ice-flame?" As a glimmer of white flickers in his left eye "It's not you is it? Your not that wolf I saw are you?" Kegar chuckles " You mean that wolf!" He turns "Ahh!" almost jumping back "Yeah that one!" Fang laughs and Kegar tells Saku "Now about those bracelets on your wrists, those things will allow the spirit wolf to appear whenever however it desires if and when it believes your life is in danger or you need to be hidden from the enemy so you can escape! However, if you clang them together you call the Landvaettir to your aid, but since that, it's your ice bird that came from your arm it watches your every move!" Fang looks at Saku "Brother you have a note I think you ought to read!" He takes the note unrolls it and begins to read it { Brodir, please forgive me. We were getting close and the last time a family member got close they were killed and I could not handle that well if it happened to you. Plus someone I used to know told me they were going to kill everyone I knew! So I left with the note!} Saku hands Kegar the note "Can you tell where this was written at?" Kegar takes the note looks at them nervously but walks out of sight and changes to dwarf form. Walking back out looking over the note, he flips it over [gasps] "Oh no, no, no, no this is bad!" he holds the note up to the flames' light and a sigil appears " This Saku is a sigil of an old, old clan that destroys all who don't follow them. As it happens to be one Vala Ice-flame was in league with a rogue member and then threatened by the killings of all who knew her if she did not come back in league with them!" Saku looks confused when Kegar looks back "Oh sorry Saku! Basically, Vala needs help and she needs it now, even her ice abilities will not be able to help her with this clan. Saku a small piece of this sigil is blurred out but once up to fire it reveals that she is up next to the iced lands out north!" He turns to Fang "You ready brother?" Fang nods " you know you're going to have to tell Arnora that you will be back or something, she was worried about you the whole time you and Midnight were gone!" Saku nods " okay, okay then let's go tell her!" Fang pats him on the back as they walk back towards the mauling bar to tell Arnora the news. Just as they get to the bar Ferin stops them " I heard there is a quest back out to the outlands towards the ice!" Saku nods in agreement when Ferin asks " Good! So can I go? I have to go. I've heard that the guy that murdered my lover is out that way so I am going with you as far as I can!" Fang and Saku look at each other and shrugs " I don't see the problem in it. Yeah sure." Saku walks into the bar and up to Arnora "Hey sister!" when she turns around from serving someone he hugs her "I will be back, I am going to get Vala and possibly the second piece of the amulet." She nods and tells him to be careful and he walks out. Fang, Saku, and Ferin walk towards Creed and Yana, Fang sees them holding hands " So Creed!" He lets go of her hand quickly and turns " Ahem! Yes, Fang?" Fang continues " You sure it's ok if we take this quest?" He nods "Yes of course, just be careful you three, I don't know what kind of state Vala is in." they say in unison " will do!" just before they get on the longship that brought them back from the in-lands.