Chapter 20 Tough Road Ahead

Akela tells the others " help me get him to the hut I already have the bed cleaned!" Creed, Midnight, and Elphia lean down Creed gets his feet while the other two grab each arm " Okay one, two, three lift!" They lift him waist-high as they walk towards the hut " step, step, step, step!" they say in unison quickly walking towards the hut. Akela points to the bed " I have it cleaned already, get him on there now. Hurry up by way those wounds look he doesn't have much time. I can try to do all I can as quick as I can." they set him on the bed when Midnight moves he looks over at Vala and attempts to speak but nothing comes out. He lays there on the bed thinking why he was getting so weak and just before he passes out The Shaman appears " You two combined, one falls other weak to the point of nothing left! One more left, different this one but powerful draws from nature!" and vanishes again. Creed walks out of the hut with his hand on his head " What the hell is happening?" he says out loud Yana walks back up to the front of the villa with Remu on her arm " Creed, Remu came back and he had this!" She hands him the paper that read " I want to express my thanks and tell you I am one sun away from arrival." Creed tells them " Okay this Soria will be here tomorrow so let's see how this goes when she gets here!" Akela rubs the herb paste on Saku's wounds and calls on the shadow and troll healers for his rib that was broken, she spoke in her language saying " I call on forces of unknown and ice to hear my voice, to hear this plea of healing and mending, lend me your power for a small amount of time for my friend and brother in the gods, Saku ice whose full unknown name Saku ice-flame white-blood." Then she begins chanting, Creed listens to the chant while he notices the sky turning black and the rotation of black clouds over the hut. He looks back and sees Akelas' eyes turn black as she chants more aggressively Creed looks around and sees a bright white flicker over the horizon "Surely that's not her already! That can't be she said one sun which would be tomorrow, Creed watches over the hut throughout the night listening to Saku's shallow breathing wondering if he was going to come back to them. The bright white flicker becomes a steady light and even brighter the closer it got, Creed had apparently fallen asleep and was woken up by Yana " Creed! Wake up, you dosed off. Something is happening out in the field!" He wakes up, looks back sees Vala still asleep he sees her chest barely moving up and down " Come on Vala wake up!" He looks out to the field and sees the bright white light, also notices the ground freezing over, the temperature dropped at least twenty degrees as the weather gets cold enough to almost start snowing. He puts both arms around himself " Geez, it got cold all of a sudden!" Creed focuses and sees a figure in the midst of the white light floating in mid-air, he hears a loud screech that shatters the Landvaettir revealing the light blue bird with blue flames and one white one blue eyes. It screeches flaps its wings lifting itself up and over to the hut, folding its wings inward and lowering its head, Creed watches in amazement then over at Saku whose wounds are starting to heal however his wound shows his rib is still wide opened. He turns back and sees a woman in a white cloth with a white bears' fur around her shoulders with bones on each side " Is that who I think it is? Soria is that..." The woman in white throws her hands down causing the wintery weather to vanish. Arnora runs up to the hut with a few mugs of mead, she turns the corner sees Saku on the bed, she drops the mugs and screams bloody murder "Brodir" which causes Soria to rush to the villa. Soria lowers down touching the ground just outside the hut, Akela looks at the entrance seeing Soria her eyes widening "I thought you were dead?" Soria nods " I was until the gods thought otherwise, and sent me back as this Nordic ice sorceress able to manipulate fire and ice without any harm." Soria stood five foot six inches with runic symbols for strength, family, ice, and fire along with a rune symbol for life. She walks over to the right of Saku as she looks down into his chest reaches out with her left hand over his open wound and a small burst of ice drops out of her palm. The sound of ice cracking and popping while it mended the bone back together and reinforced his insides with an unbreakable, expanding, solid sheet of ice. As the ice repaired Saku's rib and reinforced his insides Soria told them " it will take some time for that to heal, until then he needs to take it easy. I believe this is his!" She hands them the enchanted blade, She looks over at Vala " Was that...?" Creed nods " Yes that is his sister, but I don't think she will make it until Saku wakes up and I don't know how he is going to take it. When she ran off the first time he didn't handle that well. When he couldn't find her he let off a powerful wave of force that made the water there" he pointed to the large open water and continued " ripple from the outer lands to here, Yana and I were standing right there on the peer." Soria looked at Saku sympathetically " He's had a rough time adjusting to his ice power from within hasn't he?" Creed nods. Creed and Soria walk out of the hut " So Soria you're related to him how?" She looks at him " His mom was Yuka right?" he tells her yes " well I am the daughter of shieldmaiden Yuka and lord Sauk seventh-gen, I was cast out of the clan because of the moron that got Saku kicked out hundreds of years ago, Vala was my half-sister, not his full blood. She was the fourth daughter of Sauk while I was his third. So if I wasn't mistaken Saku is my Brodir full blood and I will do everything I can make him well!"