chapter 8 Vala Finds Saku

As Saku's Landvaettir flies off back to Creed, Midnight, and Elphia. The four now begin their journey back only to find that there are bandits forming a camp to attempt to overthrow a settlement Vala looks at Saku " Shall we bróðir?" He nods Ferin grins "oh good! A fight" Saku creeps up to a small solid wall crouches down as he looks around to see about how many there is " I count about twenty or so maybe twenty-five." They overhear one of them saying " As soon as we get the other clan here, then we will make our way to find the last remaining village. It will be there that we will have what we want and an abundance of women and girls to do what we please with and no one will stop us!" Saku heard this, blood boiling again grabbing his ax, mumbling to himself loud enough for Fang to hear him " if them assholes think they are going to abuse girls or kids then they will find the blunt end of my blade!" Fang walks over quietly crouches next to him putting his right hand on his shoulder quickly taking it back " Geez Saku your blood must be boiling!" He nods gripping his ax tighter " We have to take these guys out before they leave, so we wait for the other clan to get here then we take them all out quickly!" Ferin leans in and whispers " Or we can just kill them all now leaving a bloody and empty camp so when the other clan gets here they are confused. Then we take those out and you have nothing to worry about with the girls, women, or kids!" Saku agrees as his blood boils he walks out from around the small wall "excuse me can anyone tell me where the barrels of mead are?" One of the bandits looks at Saku " Hey! You cannot be here, you need to leave!" Saku puts his hand on the back of his head " I just asked if you knew where the mead was. Geez!" The bandit walks toward Saku as Vala watches getting ready to jump out over the wall to take out a bandit. The other bandits see Saku and they begin to walk towards him as the first one repeats " I said you cannot be here, you need to leave now!" Saku sighs " Oh come on... I don't want to.... ah! forget it!" His body drops in temperature to the point of freezing and seeing cold steam coming off his arms, his eyes go almost dark blue as he pulls his ax from its holder and his sword from its sheath. His ax quickly finds the abdomen of the closest bandit cutting almost in half while the sword finds another cutting off his hand then his front side across his chest. He throws the ax at one running up yelling " I will kill you first then the..." before he could finish the ax finds his forehead causing him to backflip dead before he touches the ground. Vala watches in astonishment as her brother the shadow berserker loses his rage against these bandits "When did his rage take over like this?" she asked Fang as the sound of flesh ripping and yells as bodies fall. Fang tells her " The day he thought you were killed!" moments later Saku walks out of the camp " We need to find someplace close to wait for the others!" as he walks past them, they notice he's not quite himself just yet he's still highly pissed " Hell I'd be pissed too if I heard that, I wonder why he didn't give anyone else a chance to kill some bandits." Vala said as he walks by Fang and Ferin looks at each other than at Vala " Don't take it literally Vala, but you have been gone for a long time and Saku took your disappearance the hardest. Don't know why, but he did. When he did though something changed now when he gets pissed he turns to... that!" Fang said pointing to the carnage inside the camp. " Maybe I should go talk to him, try and get him to calm down well enough to talk me at least." Fang shakes his head "I would not advise that Vala, let him cool off first." She grins as she walks toward Saku when Ferin grabs her arm "Vala he means it, the last time I saw him like that it was his recent fight before this one when it was twenty or so against him. And that was because one of them made the comment about you being dead and cared about no one but yourself. He went off the deep end and hard too, so I'd wait till he calms down." Vala sighs "Okay, fine I'll wait!" as she plops down on the ground waiting for Saku to calm down. As they talk amongst each other about what to do or how to kill off the rest of the bandits when they get to the camp Saku walks out still slightly upset " Landvaettir signaled they are almost here, so get ready. I will let you three take most of them as long as they do not say anything about women or kids." They nod as he turns and walks to the wall again crouching down waiting, Vala gets up and walks over to Saku " Bróðir I am truly sorry for leaving the way I did, please don't hold that against me as Sauk did all those years ago. I need my Bróðir just like my Bróðir needs his systir now and it took me leaving to realize that. I will never do that to you again." Saku looks at her "You cannot stand there and tell me that you will never because I have a feeling that you will, feel free to prove me wrong! Yes I do need my systir now more than ever, but you left for four summers with no contact, no note stating you were okay, no nothing just silence. My mind went to a dark place, but Mothers' and Fathers' spirits pulled me out of it. So forgive me if I am not the same as I once was!" Just as Vala was about to reply Saku shushed them " they are here!" as he points around the corner. They look and see about ten maybe fifteen bandits walk into the camp then seen them stop and scratch their heads " Huh? Well, this is odd, I thought they just contacted us about twenty-five minutes ago." One of the other bandits sees the ax hole in the forehead " Um sir! I don't think we are alone here!" he says, Saku points at Ferin then to a spot on the other side in some bushes where another opening was. He points at Fang then to another spot on the other side, whispers to Vala " So far they haven't said anything to piss me back off so I will let you three take them." Vala nods "Okay Bróðir and again I really am sorry!" He just nods and grunts Vala slightly tosses her hands up "okay fine. I am still sorry." she whispers almost to a point where the bandits could have heard her.