Chapter 5 Vala's vision

Saku looks at the note again mumbling to himself ' Five miles due east to the old barn!" Fang walks up beside him "So where are we going, brother?" He pointed east, Fang nods. They begin walking as Saku asks Ferin " You going to come with us, you know our home will always be your home if you want." She nods, they walk east silent as each one was thinking of different ways to expand Creeds settlement. Over small hills, they get to a large tree line with what looks to be flame torches lining some of the trees into a clearing of a long rotted barn with horned torches on either side of an opened door. The three followed the torch-lined trees until Saku noticed a fur hood beside two axes and another note " Remember these and the outfit brother?" He gets a flashback of a time where he wore the hood with hide pants walking through a settlement with horns of mead and ale with a large bonfire in the center, then a longhouse with four long tables lined with foods and fruits. Fang looks at him "Brother what is it?" Saku tells them what he remembered of his family and where he came from. Ferin looks at the hood "Now that is something that I would wear!" Saku walks into the old barn stopping at the hood leans over picking it up with his right hand and instantly gets a whiff of fire and smoke but under that a faint smell of battles where blood had dried. He closes his eyes to remember his fights with the other siblings when he was in the settlement and hears a faintly familiar voice " Saku Ice-flame, my boy!" He grips the hood tighter sniffling whispers " Father!" Ferin steps next to him and says softly " Saku! I'm sorry for what happened to them." Saku comes out of the memories. Another flashback sets him off into a berserker-type rage ripping off his assassin's cloak tossing it to Fang "Hold this for me, I know where she is going." Fang and Ferin look at each other "Huh?" they say. He turns to them " She is going to find the ones responsible for the murders of our family!" Ferin says through an evil grin" Oh! A vengeance quest! Yay!" Saku puts the hood on then grabs the axes sliding them into the leather holders at his side. He crouches down grabbing some black soot along with some mud smearing it on across his face and putting a Nordic rune standing for strength on his forehead. He turns " She going to where our last battle was which was our first sighting, his eyes turning a dark blue with a light blue light like orb just under the hood his arm expanding into a dark solid blue hammer. Ferin never seeing Saku like this " Saku what is going on?" Fang tells her that when he is pissed about something a whole other side of him almost takes over him. Saku stands walking back towards the door puts his hand on the wooden frame and in his Nordic language " See you in the warriors' hall father!" As he walks out the door he turns to the right "Keep up you two!" and takes off. Leaves and twigs crunch and snap underneath their feet as they run towards the horizon.

Meanwhile, Vala crouches at the edge of a small wooded forest " I hope you get the message brother!" It's getting late so she gathers wood for a small fire. {crackle pop} as the fire burns when a blue flame appears and a voice is heard " Vala hold fast stand your ground!" She looks into the fire confused " Huh?" She shrugs leans back over grabbing a small log and setting it down beside the fire, just as she sits a wolf howls setting off a large pack of wolves. " By the gods, they sound hungry. Give me strength to face this until my brother gets here." Twigs snap and leaves crunch as the wolves appear at the fire away from Vala, a larger wolf, black with blue eyes steps out teeth showing staring at Vala. She looks at the wolf grabbing her ax " Go ahead asshole and see where your head lands!" The wolf steps back into the dark growling and watching her then turns walking around the small camp as if it is protecting the area. She notices a relatively large piece of meat laying by the fire, picking up the meat she looks up and the large black wolf looks at her " Thank you, wood protector!" She cooks the meat and eats some of it while throwing some to the wolves, once finished she closes her eyes for a few. Dreaming about her family she remembers Saku before they were touched by the ice troll shaman, he was very protective, always upset, and very outspoken. Didn't take any crap from anyone, but that was two years before they were touched. She remembers him outgoing full of energy and very protective, They would go into their settlement with wooden swords and makeshift axes and pretend to fight off anyone who dared to challenge their mother and father. They acted as two protectors of the entire clan when Saku threw his makeshift ax and accidentally hit a sacred totem. She then remembers how much trouble he got into because of that day and the trouble just kept on following him until Sauk told him that he was getting of age to hunt to gather leather and medicines along with food. So off Saku went She heard their father say as if he was right in front of her " Vala! Go with your brother and make sure he gets what needs to be got!" As she comes back to reality she wipes the tears away with her arm. " Saku what happened to you after you got touched? Why are you so standoffish? How did you lose your way when I have been there with you every step until your second battle for the land." Her vision blurs and she hears a voice " My little wolf, today your brother rejoins you and you with him stay close to him do not let him go again. This time he has lost control almost reverting into his berserker rage, you have helped keep him sane you must do so again! Ek ann þér little wolf." Her vision restores looking up " Yes Father I will, Ek ann þér to faðir!" Then she hears a familiar call from a certain someone's bird she grins and mumbles "Oh brother! How I've missed you. This time I will not leave your side unless you are taking a bath or shower!" She tilts her over to the side " Or changing!" She says lastly.