Chapter 18 Unspoken Crush

As the creatures came closer Saku grabs an ax that was stuck in the post next to him twirling it around his hand " Come on then! You ugly piece of crap." The creature roars as it charges at him, he spins out of the way and swings the ax with a force so powerful it cuts the creatures' head off. Midnight gets to where she heard the low howl and sees Saku full of rage, she notices his eyes are white ice, his upper body full of mass and raw power, She looks around and sees the glow coming from his side. Another creature growls at her Midnight turns around and transforms into the massive shadow dire wolf and growling back, the creature cowers down and starts to back away when an ax cuts through the air into the skull on the creature. She turns to see Saku huffing and she forms back into human form as his eyes turn back to the ice blue " Midnight! What are you doing here?" She walks over to him " I heard the low growl, I figured you were in trouble so I hurried over here, hope I didn't overstep!" Saku shakes his head "No Midnight you didn't, I'm glad you did." As he turned their hands brush up against each other " Sorry Saku!" She says through a sly grin, Saku grins " it's cool Midnight no worries!" Saku grabs the item on his side looking at it better, a blade with strength and family runes, it had a stone that was made into the blades' handle that glowed, the handle was entwined with a blue vine that also glowed from the stone. Midnight looks at the blade " What kind of stone is that?" He looks at the stone better and notices a glyph of a snowflake that has been enchanted with ice and a bind rune of some sort causing the blue vine to glow with the glyph. He looks up " To be honest, I don't know Midnight. I do know that's been enchanted to give the blade power, but I wonder if it ever goes out. The enchantment I mean." Midnight shrugs and he puts the blade back on his side " I hardly know anything about those kinds of enchantments!" He nods " And Midnight we should be getting back I have to check on my systir!" Midnight nods "Okay!" Saku walks past her barely brushing against her " Sorry, wasn't trying to do that!" Midnight grins " It's fine, no need to apologize." They start walking back in silence until Midnight broke the silence " So Saku! I have been needing to tell you something for a while now, but wasn't sure how to say it so I am just going to say it." He glances back " Okay?" As they keep walking Midnight blurts "I like you Saku, but I like Yana as well!" Saku blushes slightly " Where did that come from?" Midnight shrugged " I don't know, it just came out, sorry I don't know why I said that!" Saku laughs and tells her " No worries at least I know I'm not the only... wait you also like Yana?" She nods nervously with a chuckle " Y...Yeah!" He laughs again "Well then, that's going to be a twist when she finds out, but we have to keep moving. I want to be back to the villa before night!" Midnight nods in agreement " Saku something doesn't feel right, like something a lot more powerful and a lot more dangerous is watching us!" Saku looks around trying to focus but his vision seems to be getting blurry "Yea I agree, keep up!" He throws his hands down blasting ice down below his feet and he runs " Midnight get to the villa and get Creed up any way you can!" She nods and rushes off with such force it leaves a trail of dust. As Saku gets closer he hears a high-pitched scream catching him off guard for the first time in nine winters, he tumbles barely catching himself before he hits a boulder. He looks back just in time to see a very large black creature rushing him hitting him on his chest knocking the enchanted blade off him. He feels the sudden rush of blood on his body, looking down and seeing blood he gathers his composer ready to fight. With a black creature just half the size of Father, but having the power of a twenty-ton crane and nine platoons of five hundred it was slightly overpowering Saku. It swings again knocking him over, He whistles for his Landvaettir it screeches swooping down, but the creature knocks it out as it falls to the ground Saku begins feeling powerless.

Meanwhile, Midnight sees the creature overpowering Saku turns back towards the villa howling wildly. The other wolves hear this, quickly run to the aid of Midnight " It's not me gather by the gate Now we have to save Saku!" She yells rushing to the side of Creed, she sees Yana laying over him with tears in her eyes she slows down and leans in towards her "Can I say something to him Yana?" She nods. Midnight puts one paw on his chest and leans in close to his ear and whispers " Creed please wake up, we need you!" She looks up to Yana with love in her eyes grabbing her hands "Yana! I... I really need...." The sound of breath stops her { "ugh! what happened?"} they both look down to see Creed waking up Midnight lets go of Yana's hand " Creed! You're waking up! Oh, thank you... Thank you!" Yana looks at him " Creed my love you're awake finally, four months and you're awake!" He looks at her " Did you just call me your love?" She blushes and Midnight says almost flirtatiously " Yes she said, my love!" As she looks at her, Creed sits up grabbing his head " I had this weird dream that something was happening!" Elphia walks in " Midnight! We are ready when you are!" She nods "Just a second!" She looks at Creed "Glad to see you awake Shadorn!" She says as she turns and walks out back to her pack "Midnight! What is going on?" She begins explaining everything to him and something on his gauntlet glows red, his eyes turn almost blood yellow, as he gets up Akela walks in sees him, and instantly gets on one knee " My Shadorn pardon my abruptness, but you need not be up just yet you're still weak!" A small wave of power powers downward under Creed " I feel fine Akela thank you! Midnight let's go save Saku!" Before he walks out he looks over at Vala who is turning a light blue " Akela! What is going on with her?" She looks over putting her head down " The power that Saku felt was also coming from her. Creed she is fading and there is nothing I can do! And Saku is losing power because of it!" Creed nods walking out "Let us go now!"