Chapter 3 Ferin's Revenge pt1

Once they are on the longship the captain holler's " Ay lads hold on to yer buckles, we a be a moving with haste!" Ferin sits gripping her sword Fang and Saku get ready to sit next to her " If you value your limbs I would sit elsewhere!" They both quickly moved to the other side Fang sat down watching the water crash up against the ship's bow while Saku stands on the bow and watches the horizon as if watching for a sign. Hours went by as they all sat in silence until Saku broke it "So Ferin..." She glares at him with dark eyes. He throws his hands up " Sorry I asked!" as he stands in silence when Ferin begins to wipe her sword [ring, ring] its chimes with each wipe, Fang sees her sword glowing " Ferin! I know you don't like talking to anyone, but you have to--" He is cut off by a red flicker in her eyes. Saku turns a little frustrated " Damn it Ferin will you stop with the not trusting us! We did nothing and I mean nothing to you for you not to trust anyone. I understand you have to find the asshole that murdered your lover, but that doesn't mean that we did it so will you please just talk to us!" Ferin grunts " What do you want to talk about! I have nothing to say to either one of you!" she says sarcastically Fang asks her about the sword " You will see what this does if we get into a fight, just a fair warning stay out of the way when I fight." Saku takes a step of courage with Ferin and sits by her " Look Ferin! I know your life hasn't been up to par and things have gone out of whack, believe me, I know. I have recently lost my family, lost my sister, lost my village or tribe. Gone through a depressing dark phase that caused me to almost lose everything else including Creed and the others, but was reminded that shit happens as long as you fight through it you will come out victorious and stronger, hence you losing your lover. You also have friends that are willing to fight beside you through whatever you're battling or dealing with." He tells her, Ferin puts her sword back in the sheath while putting her head down and tears welling up in her eyes," I'm sorry I have been on edge, it's just the fact that I have been looking for this jerk for what seems a millennium and now I finally got word of where he is. I may get the revenge I have been seeking for a long time and if I do then that means I may be able to relax knowing my lover was not murdered in vain, just remember he will die by my blade, not yours!" Saku nods in agreement " Ferin just know we are not your enemy." He tells her as he gets up. The captain shouts at them " Land ho!" Saku looks up as they get up and his Landvaettir screeches letting him know that he is there watching the land Fang tells him " Saku remember she is on the far side of this land so we may go through one maybe two villages." The boat pulls up to a small wooded dock that was about thirty or forty feet out, some of the wood rotting due to the weather when a loud and eerie howl rumbled across the land. Fang instantly perks his ears " Okay that was not a call for help, that was a warning for us to leave or face its wrath." They shrug and continue walking towards the far side of the island. Ferin looks around with a determined look on her face when " we have to keep moving the faster we get to the side of the island the faster I can destroy that fool." They nod as someone brings three horses. One black, one brown, and the other was white with brown spots, " I figured you three can use these since you are heading to the far side. These will get you all there by nightfall." They thank the man as they get on the horses, the guy tells them " by the way to make them run just say sook twice!" They nod and say "sook!" in unison and the three took off running weaving in and out of the first village almost a half a days ride they come to a burned area with bodies lying around some with arms cut off others a slash across the midsection and others next to family. " Who in the hell would be this cruel to do this to innocents harmless people?" Ferin had to look away fighting back the tears through anger and replies " it's him the one that killed my lover!" She looks down and notices footprints, pulling back on the reigns causing the horse to stop forcing the other two to stop. She swings her leg around and off the saddle walking over to the prints. She puts her hand on the footprint closes her eyes as she hears the screams and fire crackling, the all familiar voice yelling " kill them all! Leave no one alive then burn it to the ground!" Her eyes get wide then slanted as anger boils up balling her fists mumbling " I will put a stop to all of this I swear it!" As she gets up Saku notices the anger and jogs over to her putting his right hand on her right shoulder, she spins grabbing his arm, and ripping out her sword. His eyes got wide " Whoa! Easy!" he barks She sighs "Sorry Saku! Just seeing this gets under my skin." he agrees with her then tells her that they need to keep moving. As night falls a ground rumbling scream echoes through the night sky. Saku looks at Fang and he looks at Ferin " what was that?" Ferin hearing a scream like that before puts a hand up to her mouth while gasping " Oh no! Saku that was a woman scream and it came from the east, the way we are going!" her eyes focus in on the dark seeing a white mist where a body had been sitting on a log miles away " Saku tell your Landvaettir to fly that way and see what that mist is if he can?" he looks up closing his eyes now focusing with the Landvaettir as it gets closer he sees a silver ax with runes. Quickly opening his eyes he yells "Noooo!" causing yet another massive ice wave, this was on the ground pushing through everything in its path toward the rock and over the edge.