Chapter 4 Ferin's Revenge Pt2

Saku falls to his knees " I was so close but so far." Fang attempts to comfort him "Maybe it wasn't who you thought, maybe it was someone else." He looks at Fang "And who else would have an ax with runes on it! The same damn runes that are on this ax." As he shows him his ax, Fang takes it and looks over the runes, handing back the ax to Saku " Hey Ferin can you focus in again, or do you have to be closer to see any kind of detail?" She shakes her head " No I have to be closer, all I can see right now is the white mist!" she tells him Fang grabs Saku by the arm and quickly lets him go " Ah! Damn it Saku your ice cold!" Ferin walks over grabs him by the arm lifting him up "Come on Saku you have to push past that and keep going forward. I will find my..." She sniffs the air " He's here! Saku suck it up and move your ass!" Saku looks at her feeling the anger boiling then turning to pain a searing pain as if someone is cutting him with a blood-red flame knife. Ferin runs and Saku has no choice but to push past the pain until he just can't deal with it anymore. They get closer to the mist and Ferin is able to focus again *gasps* " I know that mist, it's not mist, it's fog. Saku! It is the same fog that covered the ground when my lover was killed. {wincing in pain} " Ah!" Saku yells falling down grabbing his left side Ferin stops looking back at him "What? What is... Oh, shit Saku!" Fang runs up next to him. Fang looks at him " What happened?" Ferin looks at Fang " I don't know we were running until I focused in again and noticed that it was not mist, it's fog, the same exact fog that appeared when my lover was killed. When I looked back because I heard him yelling because of pain, he fell to the ground grabbing his left side like he was stabbed." Fang kneeled down "Saku let me see?" Before he could look the Shaman appeared next to him and grunted " Move your hand master, let me see." Saku moves his ice-covered hand as he wheezes " Oh no, no, no this is no good!" Ferin tilts her head to the right " What is it?" He looks up at her " You can see Shaman?" She nods and Shaman continues " Focus more on the fog! What is it that you see?" She turns squinting her eyes " I Can't tell." The shaman takes his small staff swats her hind leg " Focus!" He demands " Ow! You little... Wait is that? No, it can't be! Is that a fire ring? No, it can't... Holy hell it is! Then that means the killer was.." Shaman swats her again " No! That is not your killer! That is Fire wizard, related to your killer, your killer although still, a dangerous person is a master marksman. One related is Fire wizard, very lethal to our kind. Fang you and Ferin must kill the fire wizard or Saku never find sister because he will be dead. Melted from inside out and scorched on outside!" Ferin feels that searing pain she felt when she had lost her lover and began to tear up, but before Fang could see the tears she wipes them away " Okay Shaman I will help." Shaman looks over Saku a little more. Moments later he takes a breath in " Just as I thought, the pain is a stab wound from his sister, he is feeling the pain from his sister who was apparently stabbed with a flame dagger which would explain the searing pain he is feeling." Fang was standing beside Shaman when he has this feeling like they are being watched. The hairs on his arm perked up and a sudden chill shivered down his spine " Ferin we are being watched!" She looks towards the spot Fang was looking and noticed a dark red flame flickering with a shadowed figure with dark eyes " If that's who I think it is then the other is not that far away. I will end them both!" The shaman takes a vile out of his little pouch shakes it then breaks it over Saku's wound, he yelled "ow! son of.." Shaman slapped him in the back of the head and grunted " Now get up and help the others!" Saku rubs the spot where the Shaman just slapped him at "What the hell?" He leans back and pushes himself forward causing his legs up and his hands towards the back of his head arching his back just a little bit and landing on his feet. " Okay! Okay!" As he calls out to his Landvaettir to come closer so he can focus on that spot again, he notices something different there was a charred spot around the ax and ambers on the rock. He wonders if they can get closer Landvaettir chirps getting closer and that's when he noticed writing on the rock which said " five miles due east brother old barn!" Saku shakes his head looks at Ferin and Fang " She is alive, she moved dropping her ax before the fire blast got her!" Ferin grins for the first time in what seems a millennium " Good! Now we go find her and the two morons, then I can put my mind at ease and put my lovers' spirit at ease!" Fang nods and they take off running toward the charred rock. Moments later they arrive at the rock and Ferin hears chatter just beyond a small creek " I don't care if she is still alive or not, you will find her and kill her because if you don't I will. I've done it before years ago and I will not hesitate to do so again. Do I make myself clear?" another voice replies raspy "Yes sir! sorry." She eases into the bush and sees them both, the fire wizard and her lover's killer. A man tall with hunter's clothing on a pistol on his left side, a shotgun around his back, and a sword on his right. The wizard has a dark red cloak with a hood, a staff with a flaming crystal on one end, both with their backs turned toward her. Saku eases into the bush beside her and hands her a throwing knife " Here this may help with the wizard just aim for the head!" She nods grabbing the knife focuses on the wizard's head and launching the knife {crunch} the wizard caught off guard and falling to the ground. The guy looks around just fast enough to see Ferin's sword-swinging cutting off his head. She falls to her knees shouting taking a rock next to her lifting it and dropping it on her killer's lifeless body. Saku walks over putting his hand on her left shoulder " Ferin it's over, it was over before he even hit the ground, you did it. You avenged your lover!" She looks at him with angered tears in his eyes " I must pound his chest in with the rock, I must make him feel it in the next life making him wish he was never alive in this world or the next!" Fang steps up next to her leans over " Don't stoop down to his level you are ten times better than he ever was and your lover would be very proud of you!" She spins grabbing him in a giant hug and said through tears " Thank you! You don't know how much that means to me! You all don't I haven't had people that cared about my well-being and about me in a very long time!" They get up as Saku tries to find anything left behind other than the note and ax.