Chapter 17 Family Item

Saku looks at Vala and tells her " I will be back systir!" he stands and walks out of the hut, Arnora walks beside him " Where are you going, big brother?" She asks with a grin. Saku tells her "You need to stay here and get the last barrels of mead and ale ready, I don't know what I will find when I start looking, but it's some kind of family heirloom. She nods turning away walking back to the bar. As she walks into the bar a guy was behind the countertop " Hey get out from behind the bar before I cut your damn hands off!" The guy didn't move and Arnora grabbed an ax and threw it striking it into the wall beside him. The guy looks up with anger in his eyes and slits down the center, Arnora shrieks but quickly gets a ball of courage picking up another ax, bringing her arm back and throwing it forward, and releasing the ax eye level right at the shoulder, as it spins through the air towards the guy he tries to duck, but it's too late the ax cuts the guys' skull in half, as he falls acid spray's over the counter. The wood sizzles as it melts away, Arnora looks at the wood "Shit! How in the hell am I supposed to fix that?" The blacksmith walks in to relax and get a horn of ale when he sees the wood "Arnora you okay milady?" She looks back "Oh! Haha, it's you! Yeah....." She lifts her right hand up to the back of her head and rubs it " Yeah I'm alright....." *sighs* " no I am not, now I have to fix this wood if I am able to serve ale and mead again, shit I also need to find some more wood!" The blacksmith told her " Milady, I do have polished blackwood in the back of the shop that you are more than welcome to!" She turns with a smile on her face "Oh by the gods thank you! Thank you so much !" He nods " I will get it right now and bring it over!" He walks out yelling at someone by his forge "Hey! Get the hell away from that it's not a damn toy, damn idiots!" Moments later he walks in grunting with the large piece of blackwood and setting across the broken area " Give me a few and I will have this spot looking brand new!" Arnora nods walking into the back to open a barrel of mead and a keg of ale.

Meanwhile, Saku walks off to his family's settlement wondering what he is going to find or what is going to happen, aware of what lies ahead. As he gets halfway to the settlement someone walks up " Where do you think you're going freak?" Saku looks at him " you have no idea what you are getting yourself involved with, I will obliviate you to a pulsing blob, so try me!" His eyes gleam half white and half blue, steam comes off his body as if he's been inside a fire doused with water. The so-called hard-core traveler looked at him wide-eyed " sorry wrong person, I didn't mean to... I wasn't trying to... I mean... Yeah, I'm just going to go!" Saku smirks " That would be wise!" The guy turns and runs off disappearing into the foggy morning, while Saku continues to the settlement. He comes up to the entry of the settlement and hears growling, he snaps to the sound to catch a large wolf with iced white eyes and black fur, he spoke " You will die here. Consider this land your grave!" Saku looks at the wolf " You think that you can threaten me, dog I will freeze your head off and go back to find my heirloom from my father and there is nothing you can do stop me!" he clenches his fists forcing his arm to solid ice, his eyes turn ice blue. The wolf sees this and instantly kneels before Saku " forgive me ice'o, I did not realize !" He backs away into the woods, Saku calms down, and continues to the longhouse. Saku spends hours looking through chests, under logs, under his fathers' throne seat, and finds nothing. He walks out sits on an upright log and looks up to the white full moon " What in the hell am I supposed to be looking for, I have no help, no one else to call on, the only thing I have is this damn note from my father telling me about the item here at home. What am I looking for?" For a moment he thought he saw a face in the moon's light, a wolf's face when he really thought about "Midnight! Why am I seeing her face?" He shakes the thought out of his head until the light shined to a spot just beside the thrones' seat on a floorboard. Saku looks into the longhouse and sees where it's shining "What in the hell?" He gets up, walking over to the floorboard and flicking his wrist popping out the blade and sticking it into the crack, and lifting up.{pop} The board pops up revealing a shiny blade with runes engraved and stones around it. He picks up the blade and the stones hum and crumbles, the runes on the blade glows as something changes about him, his arms become larger, his tattoo glows brighter than normal, his hair turns white with blue highlights braided around his head, he feels stronger than ever, but it's tested when he hears a low growl outside. This growl was lower, deeper, more alpha-like, and larger too. He looks outside to see a large log hurling at him, he lifts his fist freezing the log as it passes him, it falls to the ground and shatters. Frozen ice logs splinter everywhere, while the item glows a little brighter and Saku's upper body lets off a small wave of ice power revealing him tripling in size and power. The creature runs at him, with one swift move Saku grabs the creature swings it around, and slams it to the ground [crunch] as the sound of bones breaking against the hard frozen dirt. A howl barely able to escape the lips of the creature grabs Midnight's attention "Oh no! Saku!" She bolts off toward the sound without hesitation while she thought {don't worry Saku I am on my way} Saku's upper body continued to gain strength and mass as the item glowed brightly. A few more of the black creatures began coming out of the ashes of a small hut that belonged to Saku's younger sibling, he looks at them " come on then! Take me out if you can! Come on!" Saku yelled at the creatures.