Garden

Class ended and Peter was so ready for the garden hang out with his dad, Erik. Peter ran out of the class as quick as possible and dashed outside to the garden. He halted when he saw Erik sitting on a bench while playing with a coin in his hand, using his powers to make it float around and in between his hand. Erik turned his head to see Peter and smiled. His coin dropped to the floor, but it didn't seem like he cared.

"Hello, Peter. You're punctual," Erik said, "that's peculiar."

"It's easy to be punctual when you want to be punctual." Peter replied.

"That's good to know," Erik said, "take a seat." He patted on space next to him on the bench. Peter listened and sat next to Erik.

"Sooo, what do you wanna talk about?" Asked Peter as he swung his legs on the bench.

"How's school?" Erik asked. 

Peter grinned and said, "Ah, the classic mom question, well, my answer is, like usual: I hate school, but some classes are okay because of my friends."

"At least some classes are good." Erik said, "Do you have a favorite class or subject?"

Peter put his hand on his chin and said, "Hmmm. Psychology with Professor Xavier, he has a cool way of teaching and when he sees me struggling he always helps. Also, the subject is pretty cool."

"Ha, that sounds like Charles." Erik said.

"He also teaches my history class," Peter added, "but I suck more at history."

Erik nodded, understanding, and then asked, "No bullies?"

"Pfft! No, anyways if there was a bully I would totally destroy them."  Peter answered.

"Good." Erik replied.

"Have you listened to Eurythmics or Jim Croce?" Asked Peter.

"I've heard of them, but I don't really think I've listened to them." Erik responded.

"No way!" Peter shouted.

"I told you I didn't like music." Erik said, shrugging.

"You have to listen to them!" Peter exclaimed, taking out his Walkman from his belt, "Here, put these on your head and on your ears and wait to be blown away. I'm gonna play Sweet Dreams, by Eurythmics." Erik put the headphones part of the Walkman on his ears and waited. Peter took out the cassette in the Walkman and flipped it, so that Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics would play. He pressed a button and it started to play. Peter could hear it even though he wasn't wearing the headphones. It took about 25 seconds for the lyrics to finally start and Peter was bouncing with excitement for the first verse/chorus.

"Sweet dreams are made of this"

Peter was now singing this in the top of his voice and Erik nodded his head with the beat and chuckled.

"Who am I to disagree?

I've traveled the world and the seven seas.

Everybody's lookin' for something

Some of them want to use you. 

Some of them to get used by you.

Some of them want to abuse you.

Some of them want to be abused."

"SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THESE!!!" Peter yelled/sung with the music. Erik just hummed with Peter.

"I actually enjoy this song quite a bit." Erik admitted. Peter pressed a button and stopped the music.

"I knew you would like it! Everyone likes it!" Said Peter.

"Haha, yes, it seems like an interesting song." Erik added. He took of the headphones and handed it back to Peter. Peter quickly put it back on his belt. Peter went back to swinging his legs on the bench and slicking his tongue.

"Um... do you want a family? Like maybe a son?" Peter asked. He immediately regretted it. Peter thought, Why would you say that, idiot??? That's such a weird question! He probably will get pissed.

"Having a family is a blessing," Erik said, "if I could have it again I would be unbelievably lucky, but I would be so afraid to lose it again."

"You won't- wouldn't lose them." Peter said.

"...Thank you, Peter." Replied Erik.

"No problemo." Responded Peter with a smile.

"You resemble my past daughter, Nina." Erik said, hesitantly. Peter's mouth dried and he looked down at his hands awkwardly. Peter thought, How am I supposed to respond to that?

"I-I'm sorry." Peter whispered.

"Don't apologize." Erik said, "It's not your fault."

"Um ok." Peter said.

There was a pause and then Erik asked, "So what's your mother like?"

Peter took a deep breath and answered, "She's okay. She tries hard and is protective. Like most moms. She gets stressed out easily though."

"That sounds like someone I used to know." Erik said, quietly. 

"It's probably someone else." Peter said quickly and defensively.

"Yeah. Yeah." Erik replied. Peter nodded. Erik added, "You probably should get back to your room, it's been more than 30 minutes."

"Oh! Yeah, okay, thank you, Erik." Peter said. The name 'Erik' was still weird on his tongue. Peter stood and and started to walk away.

"Good bye, Peter." Erik said as he waved Peter away.