Extra‼️

Family Portrait

It was a Friday when Peter was doodling on the side of his notebook as Charles rambled on in front of his class. Peter drew himself with Erik and Charles behind him; Wanda laughing next to him while his mother smiled with her hand on his shoulder:

 Peter drew himself with Erik and Charles behind him; Wanda laughing next to him while his mother smiled with her hand on his shoulder:

Peter was about to draw in his friends, but the dismissal bell interrupted him.

"Huh, I should've known you'd be an artist," a voice behind Peter said...It was Charles. The speedster reddened and tried to cover his notebook with his arm.

Peter replied, "It was just a stupid doodle."

"I doubt it; it looked cute." Charles added, "I'm sure Erik would love to see it." Peter hesitantly removed his arms from his notebook and smiled.

"You're right about that," Peter laughed, "Erik would think it's a masterpiece even though it took me like 2 minutes to draw." Charles moved his wheelchair closer to see the doodle better.

"I look quite charming in this," commented Charles. "You got your outfit and everything. Ah, Magda and Wanda too." Charles looked back at Peter and added, "You're very talented."

Peter ducked his head and looked at the floor, "Thank you."

"Oh, sorry for keeping you from your free time." Charles held the door open for Peter.

"Nah, I would stay more often if I knew you wanted to talk to me," the silver headed kid said.

Charles looked at Peter like he had grown a second head, "Of course I want to talk to you, Peter."

Peter grinned and responded, "Really?"

"Truly." Charles smiled softly. "Now get back to your room before your friends start to worry."

"Talk later?" asked Peter, underneath the door frame.

Charles nodded, "Definitely." Peter sped back to his friends, who were hanging around the usual couch.

"What took you so long?" asked Ororo.

"Charles." Peter answered with a shy smile.

"Ah, of course," Jean replied.

Scott teased, "Either that or Erik. For a second we actually thought you were staying overtime in a class, which I should've known is impossible." Peter grabbed a couch pillow and threw it at Scott's face. Jubilee bursted out laughing and threw another pillow at Scott. "Okay, why am I the target all of a sudden?"

"You always were!" Jubilee joked.

Scott uttered, "Damn." Peter chuckled.

"So what did you talk about with the Professor?" Kurt asked.

"Oh, uh, I doodled some stupid thing, and he was impressed," Peter answered. "He has pretty low standards, if you ask me."

"You're a good drawer, Peter." Kurt said.