Field Trip! - Part 3

"Woaahhhhhhh." Peter exclaimed. All the kids were gathered around a Crystal looking seal. (All the animals are in big clear cage.)

"That's just like Ms. Frost's powers." Ororo said.

"Except I don't think that seal can read my mind, and they definitely aren't as scary as Ms. Frost." Scott said.

"Hopefully they can't read my mind," Peter said, "that's so freaky, having a seal inside my mind."

Jubilee squealed and replied, "It's so cute! I wouldn't mind them reading my mind."

"Same, but not because it's cute. I don't think a seal can create damage especially in my mind." Jean added.

"Move it along, kids! We have many more exhibits to visit!" Charles said, loud enough for all the students to hear. All the kids followed Charles and Erik to the next exhibit. There was a tiger in this exhibit. Every kid looked confused. This tiger looked normal... until... it started running around: super speed. This tiger has super speed.

"DUDE! THAT'S ME!" Peter shouted.

"THAT'S SO COOL!!" Jubilee responded.

"That's amazing," Kurt said, "I wonder if there are any animals like me..."

"I'm sure there's a animal out there with your abilities, Kurt." Jean reassured.

"How do they keep that tiger in place? It's strong and quick." asked Scott.

"I'm sure they have super strong glass." Erik answered behind Scott and his friends.

"AH!", Scott exclaimed, "Jeez! Erik, how do you keep popping up behind us without us noticing."

"One of my powers." Erik joked.

"Also, the animals enjoy being in here. Before they were experimented on, ostracized, and abused. Now, they are being fed regularly and treated well. I don't think that these animals would want to leave this place." Charles added.

"Just like our school..." replied Peter.

"Are you calling my school a zoo, Peter?!" Charles asked, offended.

"No! I'm just saying that you took in young mutants that were looked down on, like me, and you treated us so well and gave us a new home where we feel safe." Peter said. Charles' face softened.

Charles smiled, and said, "Thank you, Peter. You're a good kid."

"Hehe I know." responded Peter. Erik walked over with a smile and put his hand on Peter's head, patting his head.

"Charles, you better not  steal my son." Erik teased. It was just a joke, but Peter's face paled and cold sweat ran down his neck and back. Erik saw Peter's expression and put his hand on his shoulder and Peter flinched, "Peter? Are you okay? It was just a joke, I'm sorry, I won't joke about it. I know you don't have a good history with your father."

"U-uh, I'm fine, I'm fine," Peter said quickly, "it's fine, I'm just feeling a bit cold."

"Cold? It's warm outside, Peter." replied Erik, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I said I was fine!" Peter yelled. Erik was silent. All the kids were spread out now, so no one really was watching them, Peter's friends and Charles are still there, awkwardly standing there. Peter frantically added, feeling stupid and guilty, "I'm so sorry, I keep doing that. I have a bad temper, it won't happen again."

Erik shook his head and replied, "Don't apologize, I hate it when people apologize. You're allowed to feel emotions. And I joked about a sensitive topic, it was my fault. I keep making you sad, Peter. I'm sorry."