I'll never stop loving you

"Peter started going to class today, isn't that great?" said Erik as he waltzed into Charles' room.

"That's great, but please knock before barging into my room, Erik." Charles replied. He turned his wheelchair around to face Erik.

Erik raised his eyebrows and said, "You're the one who keeps your door unlocked, I thought we were close enough." 

"I guess you're right..." responded Charles, "for once."

Erik let out a big laugh and said, "For once?!" 

"Yup, this is one of the few times where you're actually in the right." Charles said.

"I'm not gonna argue with that." Erik replied.

"... Did you read your Franz Kafka book that I gave you?" asked Charles.

"Yes, thank you for that, it brought back a lot of memories." Erik responded with a nod.

"No problem! I'm glad you enjoyed it." said Charles with a genuine smile.

"Yeah um..." said Erik as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. It looked like he wanted to say something, but couldn't.

"Is there a reason you barged into my room? Besides telling me about Peter?" Charles asked. 

Erik closed the door and walked back to Charles and said, "I wanted to tell you something."

"Are you gonna murder me, Erik?" asked Charles.

Erik chuckled and answered, "No, definitely not."

"So? What is it?" Charles asked.

"Promise me that we will still be friends after I tell you." Erik said, with a serious look.

"Okay? Erik, you're scaring me, I'll always be with you, no matter what you're gonna say." said Charles. Erik walked closer to Charles. Erik messed with his hair a bit, hesitating.

Erik took a deep breath and said, "I love you, I've always loved you, romantically, and I'll never stop loving you, Charles." Charles backed away from Erik.

"Is this a joke, Erik? It's not funny." Charles replied.

"Of course this isn't a joke, I'm not a monster." Erik said, "I love you. I know you don't like me, since your acting like this." Charles breathed shakily.

Charles looked as if he was about to cry and said, "I-" 

"-Don't talk, please. I don't want to embarrass myself any further. This was a stupid idea. Forget about this. I, I'm just gonna leave." Erik said. He started to walk towards the door, but Charles rolled to him and stopped him. 

"Erik, don't interrupt me, I won't forget this, I just can't! I... I've always loved you too!" Charles shouted, "Romantically, of course."

"Are you kidding me?" asked Erik as he turned around.

Charles shook his head quickly and answered, "Nope, not at all, I've totally fallen for you." There was a pause. 

Erik laughed and said, "God, we must be the stupidest people."

"Hey! Don't lump me into that, I'm not stupid." replied Charles.

"We were both in love with each other for so long, and now we finally tell each other." Erik said.

"... So what now?" Charles asked, "Are we not friends anymore?! I love being friends."

"We will be something more than friends, only if you want that too, of course." Erik said.