Happy Family

"It's so weird that I'm happy now. I'm not used to it at all." Erik said with a sigh looking over at Charles. Charles was grading papers in his wheelchair and Erik had pulled a chair next to him.

Charles chuckled lightly and replied, "That's a good thing, why are you sighing like a toddler?" 

"Usually this is the time where my life gets completely ruined, but nothing has happened. I'm not on edge anymore." answered Erik.

"Good. I like you better when you're not on edge." Charles said as he kissed Erik on his cheek. Erik responded with a kiss on the lips back.

"I've never been more happy in my life." Erik said as he kissed down Charles' neck with a smile.

Charles giggled and replied, "I can tell, darling, you're all riled up."

"I love it when you call me darling and not 'old friend' or 'my friend', Liebling." Erik joked.

"Ah! That's so embarrassing! I can't believe I called you friend!" Charles exclaimed, bashfully shaking his head.

Erik let out a laugh and said, "Don't be embarrassed, I thought it was cute that you always called me your friend."

"You're clearly lying, Erik." Charles said.

"I am clearly not. Trust me, Liebling. Read my mind." Erik responded.

"Seriously?" Charles asked.

"Seriously." replied Erik.

"That would be an invasion of privacy and I promised I wouldn't." Charles said.

"I'm trying to prove a point, Süsser, just go along." said Erik.

There was a pause before Charles answered, "Fine, but this is a little much to prove that you're telling the truth."

"How else am I supposed to prove myself? You can read minds, might as well use that." Erik said. 

"Okay, okay, I get it, be quiet now, I need to focus." Charles said as he faced Erik and closed his eyes. 

Charles looked in his mind to find the moment when Erik and him met in his room after the events at Cairo. (Reference to chapter 2, "A Good Man")

"Hello, friend." Charles heard himself in Erik's memory say. Charles cringed at the sound of it.

He heard the thoughts of Erik too. 

Oh god, why is he so beautiful. The way he says "friend" makes me want to kiss him so bad. His smile makes me melt, I just want to stare at him forever. His lips...

Charles blushed bright red and tried to ignore Erik's past thoughts until his own voice interrupted.

"Erik? Is there something on my face? That's so embarrassing!" Charles from his memory replied. Charles now was even more embarrassed knowing the truth.

"No, not at all, your face is perfect." Erik replied in the memory as he stared at Charles' lips. Erik's thoughts quickly changed to something more sexual and Charles quickly got out of Erik's mind before his face became more flushed.

"Woah, your face is bright red, you okay?" Erik asked.

"I may have saw some thoughts you might've not wanted me to see." Charles said.

"Oh." Erik said, now his face was red.

"Anyways! I believe you now, I know your telling the truth. And I realize how embarrassing I was." Charles said.

"... What was the thought? Was it that bad? I cant control my mind you know!" Erik said.

Charles answered, fidgety, "It wasn't bad at all! Um, it was just surprising. I didn't know you wanted to do that."

"I don't want to do it unless you want to. I'll only do whatever your comfortable with, Charles." Erik replied.

"I'm comfortable with it." Charles said, confidently.

Erik responded, "Well, I'm not even sure what the exact thought was, so I can't do anything yet, Liebling." 

"Oh! I forgot, sorry, I'll tell you." Charles said. His voice changed to a whisper as he told Erik the thought. 

Erik blushed and said, "I can definitely do that." 

Erik moved Charles closer to him and kissed him and...

Some Cherik to cleanse to soul 🙇‍♂️ 

IM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE, I USUALLY TRY TO UPDATE AFTER A DAY FOR TWO, SORRY!! The next chapter for sure will be about Peter and Wanda and Erik being a happy family. I'm probably gonna end this story soon, but I'm still figuring out an ending.