Choose a side

"The recent riots about mutants have been getting to congress. A bill has been passed that are taking away basic rights of mutants. We don't know yet if the president has a side on this yet. Mutants have been in hiding for so long, but there have been some attacks. Who's side are you on?" said the news anchor on the television in the school. Almost every person in the school crowded around the television, including the teachers. 

"What the hell." muttered Peter.

"What side, guys?" Scott asked.

"Obviously our side, the mutant side, humans are the villains." said Jean.

Kurt said, quietly, "I don't think that villains are real, but I'm on our side."

"I don't want to believe this is happening again!" Jubilee exclaimed.

"Me neither, but it's happening." Jean replied.

"Peter? You alive?" teased Scott.

"Sorry, yeah, um, just processing everything" answered Peter.

"Yeah, it's crazy," Scott said, "humans think they got the right to treat us like crap."

"What's your thoughts, Peter?" asked Jean.

"I don't know..." Peter answered.

"What do you mean?!" replied Jean.

"Peter, did you hear any of the news? The humans are taking our literal rights away, and you 'don't know'? Don't be an idiot! All humans are shit!" shouted Scott.

"You're right, you're right, I'm sorry," Peter responded, "I, I just my mom is human, I know that humans suck, I just don't want a human genocide. I'm on our side though, obviously."

"Yeah, I agree." said Jean.

Scott sighed and said, "I understand. We don't want a genocide either, but humans need to be held responsible. Also, I know your mom is on our side." 

"What will happen to our school?" asked Kurt, timidly.

"Nothing." said Peter, "Nothing will happen."

Jubilee looked at the ground and whispered, "Hopefully."

"Kids! Stop crowding, school is over, go back to your dorms!" Charles announced.

"Professor!" yelled Peter, while he walked to Charles.

"Peter?" asked Charles.

"Yeah, um, do you think the school will survive if this law is made?" Peter asked.

"I honestly have no idea, Peter. I'm so sorry, I wish I could tell you." Charles said, with a stressed look. It was obvious that Charles hasn't been able to sleep for the past few days. The bill has been the talk on the news for the past days, everyone thought that it wasn't gonna be passed, but it was. 

"What will the kids who have no home do?!" asked Peter. There was no response. Charles was silent. He shamefully looked away. That gave Peter the answer. 

"Peter, go back to your dorm." Charles said. 

"...Okay." replied Peter as he slowly walked to his room. Soon all the kids were back in their dorms wondering what will happen and how they will survive. All the people left at the TV were the teachers.

"So? Charles?" asked Raven, nervously. 

"I, I don't know." Charles answered.

"Damnit, Charles." Erik exclaimed.

"What about the kids?!" Sharon yelled.

Dr. Corbeau sighed and said, "We might as well hide."

"God, this is hell." murmured Emma, as she cursed under her breath.