Rest

"You've been here for 2 days already, this is the 3rd day, go back to your room and have an actual rest, Erik." said Charles. 

"I can't, it's my fault, I'm staying here until he wakes up and then I'm gonna stay until he can run again." Erik replied. He was on a chair right next to Peter's nurse's bed.

Charles sighed and said, "Okay, I guess, I can never stop you. Just make sure you sleep too." 

As Charles was about to leave the nurse's office, Erik asked, "Is it true that Peter is my son? Or is the kid crazy?"

"I can't answer that for you..." answered Charles, "I'm sorry, you'll have to wait until Peter wakes." Charles rolled back towards Erik.

Erik groaned in frustration and asked, "Why can't you just tell me?"

"It's personal to Peter, and I'd be a jerk to tell you when Peter should be the one." explained Charles.

"Fine." Erik said, with a annoyed huff. Although, Erik already seemed to know the answer in the back of his mind.

"Would you mind Peter being your biological son?" Charles asked.

"I would be pissed at myself for leaving him before he was born, and I would be worried about how it'll change our relationship. I already see him as my son, but if it's real, that information changes things. I would only be a little disappointed that he didn't tell me earlier, but I would understand. Obviously, this is all hypothetical, though." Erik answered.

"For a hypothetical, you seemed to have been thinking about it for a while." said Charles.

"Yeah," Erik responded, "Peter's important to me, and if there's even a sliver of a chance that Peter is my actual son, then of course I'm gonna obsess about it."

"That's sweet of you." Charles said with a smile.

"That smile really just made my day so much better." responded Erik. Charles' face redden.

"Are you flirting with me?!" Charles asked.

"...Maybe," responded Erik, with a smirk, "what do you think?"

"I think your messing with me, just for fun!" replied Charles.

"Messing with you? What's that supposed to mean? I'm flirting, I'm not messing. I just like seeing you get all flustered at me." Erik said. Erik's face even started to redden a bit.

"Oh..." said Charles, "well, thank you?"

"Pfft! Did you just thank me? For what?" Erik said as he laughed. Charles paused to think.

"I don't know," answered Charles, "for not playing with my feelings? Especially because you're one of the few people who know about my sexual preference."

Erik smiled and replied, "It's basic decency to do that, don't thank me for it, if you want me to stop being weird and flirty with you, I'll stop, I don't wanna make you uncomfortable. Ha, it just slips and I by accident seem to be flirting with you."

"You never make me uncomfortable, Erik. I always feel safe with you." said Charles.

"I should, you shouldn't trust me." said Erik, "I betrayed you again. After you begged me to stay, I didn't even think of staying. I'm the villain, I'm never gonna change, Charles, you should hate me." Charles sighed and laughed a bit. 

"Why does every time we talk, you always get into a fight with me about this." said Charles.

"Probably because I'm meant to be your enemy." replied Erik.

"Says who?" Charles asked.

"I don't know." responded Erik.

"Then how do you know?" said Charles, "Cause it just seems like you're making yourself the enemy like usual when you don't have to be."

"... I am the enemy." said Erik.

"No you aren't, idiot. At least not to me or Peter." replied Charles.

"You and Peter are crazy, that's why." Erik said with a light chuckle.

"Crazy, but smart." added Charles. Erik nodded. 

"God, how am I gonna apologize to Peter, how am I supposed to look at him in the eyes." Erik said.

"You'll know when he wakes up." answered Charles.

"You're no help, Charles." Erik joked.

"I know." Charles said with a grin.

"So, did the President keep his promise?" asked Erik.

"Yup, he hasn't said anything about a break in, and he's spoken about mutant rights. Tomorrow, we'll know if he signed the bill or not." answered Charles.

"I can't believe I almost ruined the history of mutants, I would've killed the President." Erik said as he rubbed his eyes in distress.

"Stop stressing about everything, Erik. Don't forgot what the President used to think and do, you were just blinded by hate. And your plan wasn't insane, it made sense." said Charles.

"Don't try and defend me, Charles." Erik said.

"I don't mean to... I'm just gonna leave you alone with Peter, tell me when Peter wakes up." Charles said as he rolled his wheelchair out of the nurse's office. Erik nodded and slouched over to Peter.

Sorry for this anticlimactic short chapter lol, I'll do better. I redid the cover! I hope you like this drawing better :) I'll make the confession of love with Erik and Charles soon, so don't worry. Idk how this whole story will end, but I'll figure it out eventually, hopefully. If you're have any advice for my writing pls tell me, I want to improve.