Sasuke XVI

"Ah, Miss Wang, fancy seeing you here." Sasuke saw her eye visibly twitch due to him calling her by her maiden name. He knew Sakura and Sasori hated her with a passion and although he wanted the marriage contract to end, Sakura was still one of his close friends, and whomever she hates, he'll hate too. To an extent though. 

"You don't have to call me by that, dear. You can call me Mrs. Haruno or Miria even. Sooner or late you might even call me by a motherly name," Miria said, letting a fraction of her irritation mix in with her words. "I'm just here to shop, I didn't expect to see you here."

'Well, guys can shop too. Especially guys with their own money.' Sasuke internally rolled his eyes, forcing a physical smile and nodding his head. He seriously didn't know what to do in this situation, she was important enough to acknowledge but irrelevant enough to not be engaging in conversation with. 

"Sir, your shoes," the saleslady from earlier interrupted them, holding a black shoebox. Now Sasuke didn't like being interrupted in a conversation, but he couldn't help but feel thankful for her interruption. 

"Well, Ms. Wang, I'll have to go for a while now. Goodbye," Sasuke nodded and walked away smirking at her obvious annoyed face. 

Thankfully, he didn't see her for the rest of his shopping spree but unfortunately, he bumped into someone again. At least it wasn't someone as bothersome.

"Oi, watch where you're going Uchiha."

"I should say the same thing to you, Nara."

Shikamaru looked at Sasuke's bags, "Went shopping?"

Sasuke rolled his eyes, "What else is a mall for?" 

The other man sighed and walked past him waving his hand goodbye, "See you next time."

"Yeah."

"Maybe at your wedding?" Shikamaru said as he turned his head and gave him a smirk and walked away. 

"Asshole," Sasuke muttered and walked away. He and Shikamaru were friends, both of them giving each other mutual respect because they had common friends but most especially because they both weren't as loud as their other peers. This was just their way of...talking?

As Sasuke walked to his car, unlocking it, someone rushed past him, stealing his car keys in his hand. The thief rushed to the newly unlocked car. Sasuke dropped his bags on the ground and ran after him. The asshole was fast but the other asshole was faster. 

Before he could get in the car and drive off, Sasuke grabbed his arm and pulled him close. With an expressionless face, he punched the thief with his left hand hard and the masked man was stunned but not quite knocked out. Before he could retaliate, Sasuke punched once again on the temple which knocked him out completely. The thief's face which was once covered now revealed a man with an ugly bruise forming on his cheek. 

Sasuke didn't know who he was so he figured it was just some dumb person who thought he could successfully steal his car. He quickly locked his door and dragged the man's body while walking back to where he dropped his paper bags.  Sasuke fished out his phone to call the authorities to take him away. 

While everything was happening, he didn't notice the small number of bypassers who saw the scene. Not that he cared, since they were witnesses. He was questioned by the authorities but it didn't take too long since most of the people who watched were on his side. No one knows if most of them were on his side because he was telling the truth or because he was good looking as most of the bypassers were of the female species. 

After a few minutes of talking with the police officers, he took his belongings, got in his car, and drove away. That little fiasco was being slowly forgotten in his mind and was being replaced by the thought he wanted to avoid, it was even the reason he went to the mall himself. 

The worry of him trying to avoid the marriage resurfaced in his mind.

"Damn. What am I supposed to do? Hopefully, she figured something out. And speaking of her," Sasuke tapped on his car's screen, answering the incoming call.

"Hey," Sakura said on the other line. Sasuke figured she was somewhere public as there is background noise on her end.

"Yes?"

"I have good news and bad news."  

He didn't respond to that since he didn't even know what was coming.

"Hello? Can you hear me? Sorry for the noise, I didn't want Sasori hearing us talk about this at home and most especially dad."

"Yeah? So you couldn't think of a better place than a restaurant?" 

She let out a scoff, "Uh, amusement park actually," she said in an offending tone.

"That's even worse. I mean knowing you, I'm pretty surprised you aren't in someplace like a rave." He mocked.

"Wha- Hey! Do you think I haven't grown up? Anyway back to the news, which one do you wanna hear first? I mean knowing you, you'd probably say 'anything, don't waste my time'" She said trying to mimic his voice, "since you are such a killjoy. 

He rolled his eyes, "Fine, good news first."

"Okay, I found something we could use the shorten the time of our marriage."

Sasuke was confused, "Wait what?"

"Yeah, the bad news, we'd have to get married first."

The silence was all they heard, maybe except for the background noise. 

"See, the contract about us getting married had no loophole, but the marriage itself had none except for the no divorce part." Sakura broke the silence.

"What do you mean, if divorce is not an option then how can we even get out of it?" Sasuke is even more confused. 

"Ah, Sasuke you're not that smart aren't you?"

He raised his eyebrow. Not that smart?  "Excuse me?" He is offended by that remark. Not that smart? Wow. How offensive!

Sakura laughed, "You heard me. You really don't know what our other option is?"

"No."

"Sasuke, a-nnul-ment." Sakura broke the word into syllables. "We could file for an annulment right after we get, you know, married"

Ah, that was it. Annulment. 

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A LOOOOOONG TIME NOW I MISS THIS. ANYWAY i hope people are still reading this HAHAHAHA.

i am now in 9th grade and i started this fic in 7th grade? yeah wow. well i hope i will have enough time to update every now and then. And while I wasn't updating, I explored in other fandoms especially kpop hehe

I got a bit rusty in writing so forgive this chapter, but I know I will improve later on

SO YEAH

Thank you for reading my crap!