Sasuke XII

"Yes, I am familiar with them."

Sasuke wondered why such words came out from the man's mouth. What does the royal family have to do with anything?

"You see, that ring belonged to Otsusuki Indra," the old man started, "the first son of Hagoromo Otsusuki."

Sasuke's brows creased. This ring looked too feminine to be a man's ring. He brought the circular object near his eyes for him to inspect.

"He loved a woman during the test given by his father to him and his brother. The woman's name was unknown."

The raven-haired man listened intently. A woman whom Indra Otsusuki loved? He has never heard of it. Part of his mind drifted to the thought of the old man just making up a story for the ring to seem special. But another part of him seemed to listen and believe Kai's words.

Kai chuckled and his orbs drifted towards the ring, "You know, I found it astonishing. Your fiance having pink hair? Oddly enough, the woman he loved had that hair color too."

No way. Just no way. That's way too much of a coincidence. Sasuke was convinced that the man was creating this mere story to entertain him, sadly enough, he was entertained.

'How come he knows the color of her hair without knowing her name? Ridiculous.'

Kai looked at the Uchiha and saw that he looked unconvinced with his little tale. "I can see that you don't believe me," he said reading Sasuke's mind, "you don't have to. I just wanted to share it with you after describing your fiance."

"Continue," Sasuke told him, and the man couldn't help but think that Sasuke was just like his father in character and attitude.

"They both crossed paths while Indra was traveling. She was an excellent medic, healed his wounds when they both met," he looked at Sasuke to see his reaction. Sasuke had a poker face like always, Kai sighed. What reaction did he even expect?

"They traveled together after that, fell in love. Indra assigned someone to make that for her."

The ring shone against the lights in the facility. The green alexandrite standing beautifully in its place and the diamonds on its head increased its elegance.

"The woman died, three years after Indra gave her the ring," Kai finished which led Sasuke's head to look up at him. Did she die?

He didn't know and didn't care about her death but there was a part of him that felt misery for her death. He always knew the story about the Otsusuki brothers. Sasuke idolized Indra, maybe because he was similar to him.

"Putting that aside, how would you like to pay?"

**********************************************************************************************

Sasuke now knew the story behind the ring he bought with a check. It wasn't cheap, but on Sakura's finger, it looked worth it.

Sakura felt an urge to say something about the ring or she might feel horrible if she just sat there silently, wearing a gorgeous piece of art. Little did she know, it wasn't just a piece of art but also a piece of history. "The ring is beautiful," she managed to say. It wasn't hard for her to spit it out since she really did admire the design of the ring.

"Hn."

Sasuke propped himself up and made a move to go back to his place but he saw his mother giving him a look which he didn't quite like. He internally sighed and took Sakura's hand and brought it to his lips. His lips touched her ring and finger briefly but it's touch still lingered on her fair skin.

Her rosy cheeks have seemed to darken in a shade of red and her body felt weak, numb and out of control. Sasuke quickly got up and headed towards his chair and sat down, trying his best to pretend nothing has happened and wishes for no one to react.

That wasn't quite what happened.

Itachi's lips formed a smirk, dangerously resembling a smile. Mikoto beamed ever so brightly and clapped her son's shoulder. Kizashi hollered in laughter and Sasori nudged Sakura's shoulder. Fugaku nodded, satisfied with his son's action and Miria?

Do you want to know?

Well, it seems you aren't getting anything from the author.

After that whole fiasco, dinner was served. Everyone had their different meals but a similar quality they all had was that it was definitely created with articulate skill.

Sakura wasn't a picky eater, she wasn't restricted to anything so it was joy for her to eat a countless variety throughout her life. A hot, steaming plate of pasta coated with marinara sauce, mozzarella and parmasean cheese on top of the noodles and seafood arranged beautifully in the centre of the dish, was revealed after the server placed it in front of her.

Sasuke ordered something he loved since he's been to this place. A hot bowl of tomato bisque sat infront of him temptingly. Cream was drizzled artistically on the red surface, a pinch of strong flavored basil sprinkled on top, and one small parsley at the center. Three pieces of toasted bread, rubbed with oil and garlic, with a generous amount of bruschetta decorating the sliced bread, accompanied his soup.

All in all, dinner was delicious, and not just Sakura's and Sasuke's, but all of their meals had each amazing flavor. They consumed dinner quite eagerly, with small talks popping here and there.

After their delicious dinner, it was time to discuss important matters.

"Sasuke, Sakura," Fugaku started and the two lent him their ears, "you both would be deciding the date of the wedding. We have prohibited dates since those days are mandatory, but other than that, you are free to choose."

Mikoto continued, "If you don't have a wedding planner in mind, we have some in mind like Rin," Sakura's eyes lit when she heard her close friend's name.

"You both can start the decisions by tomorrow and I don't want an unsure answer. You both will plan not just one," Mikoto told them, eyeing Sasuke during the last part. She knew her son and his urge to take the lead and decide himself without asking for guidance.

"Your gown for the wedding Sakura," she turned to the woman, "it's your choice if you want to shop for gowns or want a custom one. And you and I both know that one dress isn't enough," Mikoto winked at her and Sakura let out a small giggle.

"Well, it seems like we have a lot of things to do."

HALLELUJAH I AM FINISHED. I'm so sorry I haven't updated my story recently, it's because of school!

Not giving in to hiatus tho. I will not go on hiatus if you're wondering.

Btw did I make you guys hungry earlier? I mean I really wanted the bruschetta...and the seafood marinara. *cries in broke*

I have recently have gotten...not obsessed but interested in Blackpink. I mean, their aesthetics, songas and dances are so cool.

I have made another story called Don't Leave Me. It's on my profile. I have been thinking of creating another story. Not a short story but a literal fanfic.

I am torn between celebrity one or a one night stand aand boom! there's a baby fic. Just like the fanfic Baby Steps by lazyneko_

So...just comment here if you want a celebrity au

And comment here for one nightstand then boom! baby!

LMAO I love that. BOOM! BABY!

Not funny but it's catchy for me at least.

So yeah

Thanks for reading my crap!