Sasuke XIII | Sakura XII

Sasuke blinked as the clock struck three. His eyes refused to shut and his mind was blank. Sitting on his bed, wide awake with no thoughts in his head, he might have seemed creepy but this was a normal circumstance ever since.

But his state of mind broke when his phone lit up and rang, vibrating on his nightstand. He reached for the device and a name that he least expected to see appeared on his screen.

Sakura

'Why is she calling in the middle of the night?'

Sasuke pressed the green button and put his phone beside his ear.

"—bably asleep. Why am I even–," he heard her voice mutter until he interrupted.

"Hello?"

"Oh! Sasuke? I'm sorry, did I wake yo–"

"I wasn't asleep and even if I was I probably would wake up due to you calling my phone," he cut her off, rolling his eyes.

"Even in the middle of the night, you're still rude huh?" Sakura commented and Sasuke once again rolled his eyes.

"So why did you call?"

"Let me just confirm that you really want out of this marriage right?" She asked him.

Of course, he did. His damned grandpa just had to force this upon him. Sasuke hated it. The marriage.

He knew Sakura wouldn't be a bad wife, but he wanted to find his wife by himself like a normal person.

"Of course," he said and wondered why she asked such a question.

"Good. Me too. I found something that may cancel our marriage," Sakura told him hurriedly.

Sasuke's eyebrows knitted together. He's gotten interested in what she has to say.

"What is it?"

"A contract. I found it in my dad's office. It's the contract about our marriage and there are things in it we could use to get out," she said and he felt relieved.

She found something that would get the two of them out. That was great!

"When are you available?" He asked her as he got up from his bed and walked towards his bathroom.

"If we could discuss it tomorrow. Well actually I should say later since it's 3 in the morning," she chuckled which made him smirk.

"Later it is. Let's meet at the mall, near the ice skating rink."

"Got it. Bye, uhm hmm.." Sasuke's brow rose as Sakura pondered what she was about to say.

"Should I say 'bye darling'? Since we're still technically engaged," she joked and Sasuke chuckled thinking about joining in her little charade.

"Why not? Bye love," Sasuke said waggishly and Sakura laughed and replied, "Bye darling."

They ended the call and Sasuke chuckled with their little joke. His heart felt a little flutter but he chose to ignore it and took a warm bath.

************************************

Sakura laughed as the call ended and walked towards the door of her room, heading towards the kitchen. Her face went in shock when she opened her door when she saw Sasori's face.

He had this smirk on his face that Sakura didn't like.

"Who was that?" He asked her, blocking her way.

"Who?" She played dumb as if nothing happened. Shit. Did he catch her conversation with Sasuke?

"Bye darling," he mimicked her voice with a high-pitched tone made. Sakura was offended and annoyed at the same time.