Sasuke VIII

Sasuke wasn't embarrassed. He wasn't ashamed either which was odd for him.

"Can you let go of me now?" a voice asked from behind him. He looked down and he saw his fingers still gripping Sakura's. Sasuke untangled his fingers from hers and looked away quickly.

He took a second to compose himself until he looked back to her. "Hn, that was for show."

"I know."

"It doesn't mean anything."

"Yeah it doesn't."

Who was he trying to convince here? Was it her? Or himself? They stood there not uttering a word and none of them making a move to leave.

"You still remember how to dance."

Sakura shot her head towards him. 'Did he just try to start a conversation?'

"Uhm, yeah. You too."

'What the hell is wrong with me? You too? Nice going Sakura.'

'Say something.' "How was America?"

'That wasn't so hard.'

Sakura was betond confused now. First, he kisses her hand, which was for show, she reminded herself. Second, he tries to start a conversation then now he asks about her life. He wasn't the type to ask those questions.

'Is he now less emo?'

"It was great. Met a lot of guys more than girls actually."

She didn't know why she just said that. It is true but why did she did she have to add that little detail?

Then she had an idea.

"They were pretty cute."

Sasuke inwardly sneered. He has been to the States and he didn't think the men there were as good looking as him. He knew he was blessed with a aristocratic face and he learned to accept the fact that he was handsome.

It's not narcissistic or prideful. Sasuke has never once bragged about it.

"Not really." Sasuke retorted.

Sakura shook her head. "No really. They're really cute. Too bad. They were single. I could've had a chance."

Sasuke scoffed. What was wrong with him? Was she insinuating that he isn't good looking?

"Those men barely have good bodies."

Sakura frowned. "I saw them shirtless-"

"You saw them what?" Sasuke asked in disbelief.

"Shirtless. I mean we're pretty close. Do you want to see a picture?"

Sasuke didn't know what was with him that he agreed. Even Sakura was shocked that he wanted to see something as trivial as a photo.

Sakura took her phone out and showed him her friends she has made throughout those years.

"Personally he is the cutest." She swiped her finger and a picture of Sakura and an average man beside her.

Sakura was holding the phone out while the man held her shoulder and smiled for the camera.

The guy wasn't even near handsome. He had ebony eyes and hair. His face wasn't as aristocratic as his and yet he is the cutest for her? Why?

A pang was felt by Sasuke in his chest seeing how fond Sakura was with the man. He doesn't like her. He doesn't.

He convinced himself he never missed her during those years. He never missed her voice calling his name. He never missed how she would always encourage him in everything. He never missed her big smile that could rival Naruto's. He never missed those notes she would give him, reminding him with different things like his mother.