Chapter 3

Pov: Olivier Roche

A white ceiling.

A ridiculous headache.

A bandaged foot.

A cast around my arm.

Blinding white lights.

I couldn't open my eyes. They were too sensitive to the brightness. All I could do was listen to the sound of the dripping liquid coming from the IV that was attached to my hand.

I tried to fight my shutting eyelids to have a look around. The room was all white and almost empty. It could be a hospital, but I couldn't see or hear any nurses or patients around.

Pervasive languor washed over me as I faded into dreamland, uncaring of my current whereabouts and timeline.

***

"He's moving," a woman softly spoke, "He woke up."

I opened my eyes and saw a short chubby woman with her brown hair in a bun watching me. She was wearing a soft-hued brown suit deriving of a shirt, jacket, and pencil skirt stopping right above her knees. Next to her was a contrastingly tall guy about my age, standing in a defensive stance. His skinny arms were crossed and his face was stuck in a scowl as he stared me down.

"Hello, sweety. Are you alright?" the woman asked me in English, fixing my bed up and delicately providing me with a cool glass of water.

I stared at the cup for a moment, then drank, welcoming the refreshing feeling of my once sandpaper-like throat healing.

"Where am I?" I spoke, holding my throbbing head as I gave up on moving. My right arm was in a cast and I couldn't budge.

The woman looked at the guy next to her worriedly, then smiled back at me when he didn't help her. "There's nothing to be worried about, dear. Do you remember what happened before you passed out?"

If they're not agents, I can't tell them anything.

"Who are you?" I asked, barely calculating anything over the periodic thud in my head.

"I'm Priscilla. Priscilla Monroe," she answered, taking the cup from me.

That didn't help.

How do I ask her if she's an agent without asking her if she's an agent?

"Then who am I?" I voiced, causing her eyebrows to shoot up to the north pole. She smiled awkwardly and rushed to the other guy's side, pulling at his shirt. He clicked his tongue and fixed his collar, taking a few irritated steps towards me.