Chapter 5

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

I left my mom's bedroom and leant on the wall, heaving a deep sigh while shutting my tired eyelids. Seeing her looking so frail had me barely eating. I did nothing but work alongside father, often distracting myself with music and meetings.

When I opened my eyes again, a tall man was standing in front of me, his brown eyes smiling as he carried a bouquet of flowers. "Ricardo? Didn't you have work? You came to visit mom?"

"No, I visited her a few hours ago already," he said, walking so I'd follow him.

"Eum.. Then why are you here?" I asked, staring at the flowers.

"I came for you this time," he said, handing me the bouquet. I carried it without thinking and took a whiff. Ofcourse he'd get me Lilies. They smelled nice.

"How did they like your new design?" I asked, walking him down the grand stairs and to the kitchen. I gave the flowers to a maid and told her to add them in a vase to be placed in my room.

"Same old," he replied, playing with the belt of my robe, "Want to go somewhere? Don't you feel stuffy always working?"

"So that's why you're here," I laughed.

"Yeah. Every time I visit your mother, I hope to see you too, but you're too busy for me," he teased while leaning forward and pouting.

"It's not my fault you're only on breaks when I'm not," I laughed, fixing my robe.

"I'm not used to seeing you so tired," he murmured, tilting his head to the side, "How about a walk by the sea?"

"But I need to come up with new designs.." I contemplated even though I wanted to leave the house.

"The designs aren't going anywhere. Even your dad is worried about you," he said, leaning on the counter as I sat down on the stools.

"That man can't tell me he's worried to my face," I mumbled, finally nodding in agreement, "You know what? Let's go for a walk. I could use a change. Maybe it'll help my creative flow."

"Having trouble with your sketches?"

"Yup."

"After the walk," he began, taking a seat next to me because my neck broke from looking up at him, "Let's come back and work on sketches together."

"You're going to draw clothes? You? The shoe expert?" I laughed, looking forward to it.

"Yeah, and you can draw shoes for a change. Who knows? Maybe I'll make one of your sketches come true."

"I'm so sold!" I stood up and rushed to the stairway. "I'll be right back."

Though autumn had just come around, today was awfully sunny. I took the chance to finally wear a nice outfit. It had been a while since I'd felt like an actual model.