Chapter 21

Pov: Isabelle Snow

I calmed down instantly.

Hyunjin always had that effect on me.

His eyes shone in a silent plead to make up, or maybe that was just the hope glistening in mine.

Then I heard Scarlett's voice in the background and couldn't stay around anymore. Leaving the dorms was the easiest escape, and that's exactly what I did.

About ten minutes later, it became too much to take. I needed to get Hyunjin to forgive me or I'd keep thinking about him- not that he ever left my mind. My ego would take a hit if I returned to the dorms, but my conflict with Scarlett wouldn't stop me from making up with Hyunjin. This time, Felix fortunately let me in and I didn't have to face her again. I went straight to Hyunjin's room and Changbin happened to open the door, collecting his stuff in the speed of light and knowingly leaving his roommate and I alone.

Alright.

Calm breaths..

"Did you listen in on my explanation?" I sighed, shutting the door behind me.

"Kind of?"

"May I?" I sat on his bed after getting his approval, keeping enough distance between us so he wouldn't hurt my feelings by scooting away again. I took off my mask and proceeded to explain the situation to him with a bit more detail and truth. I admitted that the reason I'd gone to the orphanage was because I wanted to be alone for a while, away from everyone I knew. I also mentioned that I still didn't feel much better, and that I'd leave him alone because I wasn't aware of how much I'd hurt him this week. He probably didn't want anything to do with me, so..

"Isabelle. Come here."

"No. I thought about what you said and you were right. You're way too understanding."

"Isabelle. Come here."

I bit my lip so I wouldn't smile too obviously when he tapped his hand on his lap for me to sit on. My feet slowly took me to him and I finally ended up where I belonged, where I was longing for this whole week, in his arms.

The day went by and I spent some time with Han and Minho who ended up showing me.. fancams.. of my boyfriend. I couldn't believe it. Was this guy even real? Was I truly dating him? Maybe this was all a pathetic hallucination of mine?

Hyunjin found out about it and wouldn't stop pestering me to get me even more flustered. One thing was for sure: I'd be rewatching these videos again whenever I was alone.

Because we'd made up, I had the opportunity to apologize more earnestly about not being there for his concert, attack, and cold. As our conversation went on, I found out that Hyunjin had actually encountered a Black Galaxy down the cliff and had escaped by his own efforts even though he had a fever.

Hell yeah! That's my boyfriend!

He made me promise never to disappear without giving him an explanation before leaving and not after. He had a point. I had been in too much of a bad headspace to think straight back then.

One surprising occurrence was that he noticed Hero's fur on me, and seemed to be bothered by it. I had to quickly blame it on an inexistant cat outside the orphanage. Then our talk took an even more unexpected plunge as he asked about miss Jade. That's when I told him the truth about her disappearing before my 'mother' did. I told him how she was killed which made me agree to work with Black Galaxy, in fear of them taking my 'mother' too.

If he replaced 'mother' with 'brother', he'd get the full story. I revealed every single piece of truth that I possibly could.

"Something tells me that you're blaming yourself," he said, his eyes a deep brown, going deeper with a now familiar understanding.