Chapter 34

Pov: Ra Minji

I tried my best not to blink at all as I focused on every single one of Minho's moves while waiting for him behind the cameras. His makeup, his outfit, his hair; they all came together to create a masterpiece. The members were still promoting their comeback, so I got to watch them dance to the same choreography over and over. How cool was it to be able to view concerts without having to pay a single penny?

When they were done, my attention was stolen by Changbin who loudly laughed with Felix and Hyunjin. He looked so careless, as if this was where he'd rather be all the time. Despite knowing how high his rank was, I couldn't find it in me to fear him. Anyone with eyes could tell that his cold personality back at Black Galaxy was just a facade to ease his comrades' worries.

"Who are you watching?" Minho asked, yanking me out of my daze.

"The boys. They look happy. Tired, but happy," I said, a small smile on my face, "I loved the performance just now."

"Changbin made a mistake. That's why they're laughing," he said, shaking his head in fake disappointment, "Is Olivier going to be coming back? Han's been sticking to me more often now that his best friend is gone."

"Do not be fooled, honey! It's just part of my elaborate plan to make you jealous!" Han called from afar, startling us both. We looked at each other with big eyes, then giggled as Han broke out into song- a love song.

Eventually, Chan came over and broke the lovebirds apart, telling us all to make our way to the bus.

***

"We just got back from a performance, and you decided that the best way to spend your time is to.. perform again?!" I complained, sitting on the ground while Minho made it to the center of the practice room, turning the music on. I was getting tired in his stead.

"I'm rehearsing for something else this time. You don't have to stay. The attacks stopped long ago," he said, his words fading into silence as he focused on his moves.

".. As if I'd miss out on a chance to watch you dance," I mumbled, drawing cricles on the smooth ground while he chuckled.

About half an hour later, he used up all of his energy and stopped for a break. He slid down next to me and sat cross-legged on the ground while drinking from his bottle of water. "What's on your mind?" he asked. I looked at him with a confused pout, so he elaborated, "You seemed to be really focused on the couch while I was practicing."

"Ah.. I must've zoned out."

He didn't push it any further, and we both relaxed with our backs facing the wall, sitting with our legs crossed. A comfortable silence surrounded us as we enjoyed each other's company. His breaths slowly evened out, and his body relaxed afterwards. He eventually shut his eyes, resting his head back against the wall while he basked in serenity.

"I've been.. reading a book," I started, and he hummed in acknowledgment, "It's got me conflicted."

"Which book?" he asked, and I realized I hadn't thought that over yet. He was a book lover, so I couldn't be careless.

"I don't like sharing the books I'm currently reading with people," I giggled and he nodded, smiling at my absurd reply, "So.. It's a fantasy book, and in the book, there's this guy who likes a girl but can't be with her because he's been cursed."

"What kind of curse?" he asked, still calmly resting next to me.

"Basically, he will not live a long life," I began. The careless smile on his face disappeared and he became more invested in my story. "He was given an antidote to break the curse, but he's not sure if he can trust the witch who prepared it for him. She.. She has a bad reputation, but has also saved a couple of other people suffering from the same curse. He's trusting her either way because she's his best chance at recovery."