Chapter 2

Pov: Chu Scarlett

"What's the issue?" Luca asked, fixing his glasses again. He looked overworked with the bags he was carrying under his eyes. He might as well have been carrying the entire agency because I'd doubt Changbin was doing anything.

"Lieutenant Lavigne would never agree to team up with you. We have no family ties within the organizations," agent Venus said, spiking the ridiculous marriage talk out of Luca again. Both, Changbin and I, were disgusted by the idea.

"Marriage?" agent Venus laughed, "I'd love to see Scarlett agree to that."

"Is this really the time to laugh?" I growled, rubbing my forehead. Meanwhile, Changbin called agent Monroe to make sure the hall was still peaceful.

"Let's say you two.. got married," Agent Venus tried to talk seriously but her voice cracked, "Pffft, I'm sorry, I can't."

"We're not getting married!" Changbin and I yelled while standing up at the same time.

"Then this alliance can't work!" Luca shouted, making us both sit back down.

"It's fine! I didn't want an alliance anyway," I insisted.

"Neither did I," Changbin agreed, "Not with you."

"Agent Venus, why are you not opposing this?" I whispered to her, pulling at her vest, "You want me to get married to a dangerous stranger?"

"You mean Changbin? He's not a stranger." She smiled at the masked guy on the other side of the table. He realized he was found out and took off his mask, fixing his hair.

"How did you recognize him?" I asked.

"He can try to alter his voice all he wants, but that's Changbin. I've guarded him individually more often than all the other agents combined," she said, looking back at the guy, "I could tell it was him."

"You trust him?!" I whisper-shouted.

"May I ask why you don't like us? If we're not enemies, then what is the reason behind your spite?" she asked Changbin, ignoring my question.

"I don't like the way you lot act like saints when you've taken lives just the same," he spit out, glaring at Luca who was trying to shut him up.

"Excuse me?! At least when we shoot, we don't aim for the heart or head!" I shouted, slamming the desk and jumping up, "And what about that uncle of yours?! I bet the apple didn't fall far from the-"

Agent Venus pulled me back to my seat, but this time it was Changbin's turn to get riled up. "Really?! And what do you call the little stunt you pulled when we asked you to free him in return for the antidotes? We were ready to fairly give away the vials, but you had to trick us and steal them! What happened to your law-abiding Little Haven then?! Don't you dare make us out to be the villains because you only see things from your own point of view."

"You're the ones who poisoned me!" I screamed, shoving agent Venus off and running to attack him. He also stood up, but Luca stepped in front of us, blocking our views of each other.

"He's also the one who surprisingly saved you from the bomb," Luca sighed, pushing Changbin away from me.

So the arms that caught me after rendering me unconscious were his!

"He did?! How thoughtful! His plan was to poison me! I bet the bomb was activated by him too!" I yelled, getting hauled back by agent Venus' strong arms.

"I did no such thing! You were attacking unit 2 at the time! The bomb was lieutenant Pierce's doing!" Changbin defended, freeing himself out of Luca's grip. The clear eyed girl was carelessly on her phone, scrolling on the screen.