Chapter 12

Pov: Isabelle Snow

Who would have thought that Scarlett would jump into another battle way before anyone could have time to recover from the first?

The blueprints we had stolen were unfamiliar to me, but then again, I barely had knowledge about the subunits Calvin was operating, so how could I, for the life of me, know about the ones that belonged to Changbin?

I ended up taking pictures of the blueprints and sending them to Calvin in secret, and turns out unit 1 was ahead of us. They'd switched the blueprints with ours during the ambush and Scarlett was about to attack unit 2.

I asked Calvin, who was pissed off at the revelation, if I should have stopped her, but he had other plans.

The switch of blueprints was definitely Changbin's doing. That's why he wasn't interrogating me for the first attack. He had the rest planned out.

It was ignorant of us to have underestimated him. Ofcourse he'd retaliate after we'd made a mockery out of his unit.

When Scarlett attacked unit 2, Calvin and his dad already knew of her arrival. Most of the agents there had evacuated and the rest of them exploded tear bombs. They were prepared for her.

Scarlett was strong. Although I didn't like her, I knew she was a good leader. She could protect Little Haven. I wasn't worried for either of the units.

I should have been worried though.

Little Haven returned without her.

I thought she could have handled it, but..

She.. died?

Just like that?

It couldn't have been true, right?!

We rushed to the hospital and Olive looked the worst I'd ever seen him. He was a bloody mess, sitting in the back seat of the truck like a lifeless body.

It was my fault.
I had done this.

It was my mission, but..

The sight of him was tugging at my heartstrings. I already knew that Lieutenant Pierce had exploded a bomb and putting two and two together wasn't difficult. Scarlett must've been a victim.

She was gone.

It's not like she was immune to bombs.

It was my fault.

I couldn't brush it off.

It was my fault.

Mine.

Only mine.

Always.

I ran out because I couldn't continue seeing Olive anymore. Hyunjin followed me, hugging me to lessen the pain.

If only he knew he was hugging the murderer. He was comforting the only person around who didn't deserve to be comforted. The reason behind everyone's tears was none other than me.

How much longer did I have to live like I wasn't human? In the name of my brother's safety, I had done the most unacceptable things.

I.. I didn't want this.

I never-

This was never my intention!

If someone- anyone- had given me even the slightest bit of a chance to fix everything, I would have sacrificed anything except for Alexis.

That chance.. It never came. No matter how long I waited, it wasn't coming. In order to achieve something in this life, you were forced to sacrifice something else. At least in my books, this shit hole worked that way. And I owned nothing, which was why the world repeatedly urged me to sacrifice my innocent brother.