Chapter 20

Pov: Isabelle Snow

The day when I was off probation finally arrived. Instead of returning to the agency, I drove straight to my room at the old hotel Hyunjin knew of. It was the special place where he'd confessed to me. I loved it although the building happened to be Scarlett's property.

I'm exhausted.

I couldn't sleep at all this week.

Lieutenant Pierce was insufferable. Every time I told him I finished taking care of the work he'd given me, he deliberately created more for me to complete.

At least he didn't get too drunk again while I was staying over..

I shook my head, staring at the bed in front of me. This was where I'd finally accepted Hyunjin's feelings.

He'll never understand how badly I've missed him.

It's okay. I just have to wait till it's not this early in the morning, and I can go to work and see him..

Yep..

Waiting..

I can do that.

I've waited all week.

Yes. Very correct.

I'm as patient as patience can be..

Okay.

Good job.

That's enough waiting.

I've been through so much!

I need that hug, like, right now!

He'd told me that I had to learn to rely on him more. If I needed anything, all I had to do was ask. Now was the time for me to make good on my promise.

As I unlocked my phone, I couldn't stop myself from texting him. Again, I only sent him a simple message, asking if he could maybe come over. He'd probably see it in an hour or two, and if I was lucky, he'd be free and would meet me after another few hours.

He, Minji and Changbin had sent me a series of texts, but I hadn't kept in touch with any of them. Human interaction would only drain me more when I barely had time to sleep. I genuinely didn't feel like talking to anyone back then.

But now, as I waited for Hyunjin, I wanted to dress up for him. I could use his absence to prepare my hair and add this cute ribbon I bought from the shop outside the orphanage.. And maybe I could tidy up the room to feel better..

***

A knock made me throw away my perfume bottle, running to the door without even bothering to do something about my bare feet.

It had only been an hour, but pretty boy had come as soon as he'd read my message!

I quickly opened the door, looking up at him with unimaginable relief flooding my veins. He was here. I was finally with him. It wasn't a dream nor my imagination.

He didn't get the chance to speak as I threw myself into his arms, squeezing the life out of him. It had been too long- way too long.

I proceeded to pull him inside, shutting the door and keeping him in my arms.

This was it.

I was happy.

He was all I needed to be content. No words, no presents, just his embrace. I could deal with the rest.