Chapter 32

Pov: Chu Scarlett

Changbin glanced at me for the tenth time just this minute, then returned his focus to his work. At the eleventh glance, however, he couldn't keep it in anymore and asked, "What's wrong?"

The lieutenant was really mad at me during our training session this morning. I didn't really lose against him, but it wasn't a win either. We both exhausted ourselves and refused to admit defeat until we finally collapsed, putting an end to the fight. The one good thing that came out of it was having a group of Black Galaxies walk in on our intense fight, and gaining immense respect from them. As someone who was their leader's wife, I felt proud as they made side comments every time I landed a good hit or dodged a risky attack.

The fight ended smoothly, but the lieutenant had mentioned something that completely ruined my mood.

He said that he wasn't angry at me for finding a guy I liked, but what hurt him was the fact that I hadn't told him about our relationship until after we'd gotten married. Personally, I had no reason to feel guilty because we never actually had a relationship before the marriage. However, the lieutenant's worries just reminded me of how much this man had protected me. He was my backbone, and the closest thing to a parent, so ofcourse he'd expect me to inform him of a boyfriend when I'd finally found one.

Why had I taken this man for granted?

He'd raised me. He knew all those things about me when he quizzed Changbin. He was just hurt because I'd treated him like a stranger.

"Counting what's right would take less time," I grumbled, still sprawled out on Changbin's office's sofa at one of his subunits. We came here every time we told the lieutenant we were out on a date. He even had a bedroom next door, so if we ever got caught doing paperwork here, we'd just tell the lieutenant we enjoyed working in this office so we could watch a movie later in his bedroom.

According to Luca, he'd often find Changbin asleep at his work desk while reading documents, so they'd finally dedicated a room to his bed and belongings. Now if something similar were to happen, they'd just wake Changbin and tell him to sleep comfortably in bed. That's the story of how the room had first been born.

"What's specifically bothering you right now?" Changbin prompted, taking a break from work and approaching me. He threw my legs off the sofa and took a seat on the opposite end of it. I could only glare at him and fix my sitting position.

Since I was already up, I grabbed my chopsticks and flung another piece of sushi into my mouth. I didn't care if this was his office. If Scarlett was hungry, Scarlett bought food.

"Don't act like you care," I said with my mouth full.

"Let me make something clear. I don't care, but if you keep sighing every two seconds, I can't focus on my job." He gave me a disgusted look because of the way I'd chosen to eat.

"See, this is why I can't figure you out. How come you're so sweet to everyone, but the second you're alone with me, you become the grinch?"

"I'm trying to see which one of us can get more annoying," he said, dodging the literal punch I threw his way, "Why so violent.."

"Why are you like this?" I began, continuously shoving his legs with my outstretched foot in an attempt to push him off the sofa meant for four people. I had taken off my shoes and had only socks on. Yes, I'd made myself at home since he'd invited me over in front of the lieutenant, taking away my right to deny meeting him. "How did you know all the crap you told the lieutenant about me, anyway?"