Chapter 37

Pov: Chu Scarlett

I sat in an empty office at Black Galaxy, snickering to myself while trying to hide my face in case someone suddenly entered. The news about Liliane Chevalier possibly returning to Korea was all over the internet, and something told me that I'd played a big role in making that a reality.

As much as I wanted to keep her away from the danger that surrounded me, I was happy that she and Seungmin could finally resolve whatever it was that had seperated them.

These past two months, I'd tried my best to take care of my own business while only meeting Changbin when necessary. By that, I meant I only met him during our organizations' joint trainings, and very occasionally when we had to tell Lieutenant Lavigne that we were going on dates. Ofcourse, all of our dates consisted of us taking care of paperwork individually while keeping our conversations to a minimum.

Now though, I was in this office, waiting for Lieutenant Lavigne and Changbin to arrive. Apparently, the former had something he wanted to discuss with us.

As the second month of autumn almost came to an end, I was much more used to the sound of rain and wind. The only times I actually hid in bathrooms were when the noises became loud enough to overwhelm my senses. A light rain like the one outside right now was nothing.

"He's not here yet?" Changbin sighed as he creaked the door open, looking around the empty office. He could have at least tried to hide his disappointment at being left alone with me.

"He's obviously here." I rolled my eyes, looking away while placing my elbow on the arm of the sofa. My chin rested on my palm while Changbin chose the sofa facing mine and sat down, his legs apart and arms crossed. A delicate and narrow table seperated our seats and carried a vase, along with some refreshments. Neither of us touched them.

"Didn't he say he'd be here at 10 pm?" he spoke again, checking his wristwatch impatiently, "He's five minutes late."

It really won't kill you to breathe the same air as mine for a few more minutes..

"Are you scared I might punch you in the meantime?" I asked, slowly breathing in and out to calm myself. This guy knew exactly how to tick me off in a matter of seconds.

He kept checking his phone without answering, then sighed, "How did the training go yesterday?"

In order to get more acquainted with each other's organizations, we'd started swapping groups and training each others' agents. This was the first time he'd brought it up though.

"How did yours go? I heard you didn't fight against anyone again. You made them fight each other."

"I knew you'd have a couple of eyes watching me, so I didn't bother," he answered dismissively.

All I wanted was a report of him fighting.. He can't make me this curious about his skills, then leave me with nothing.

"You're way too intimidated by me," I scoffed and his right foot repeatedly tapped on the ground while his eyes were trained on the door. He truly couldn't handle staying alone with me.

The lieutenant finally entered the room, smiling my way and nodding at Changbin. He took a seat on a one person couch at the head of the table and took out a folder from his black leather bag. He then proceeded to reveal its contents by placing the papers in front of me. "I have a mission for you."

I eyed him suspiciously, then took my time leaning down and grabbing the papers. My eyes scanned over the words and I looked back at the lieutenant, confused. "This mission has nothing to do with Black Galaxy."