Chapter 15

Pov: Isabelle Snow

Although I used to be a Little Haven back when I was still residing at the orphanage, they stopped considering me one of them ever since I disappeared after asking for help in returning miss Jade.

They never knew what happened to me or why they couldn't find me, so they had no proof that I was working with Black Galaxy until I showed up at JYPe, claiming to be a modern day slave of theirs.

Now that I'd finally regained Little Haven's trust, I issued a request to become one of them again so I could officially work on Scarlett's mission with her. That is also when, after all these years, I found out that Little Haven hadn't given up on me back then. On the contrary, they'd sent a troop to save my brother, but were all ambushed and killed for my sake.

They were too late. I'd already sacrificed myself to save Alexis. Miss Jade was already dead. I was already a Black Galaxy.

I wished I hadn't found out. I wished I had remained with the false knowledge that Little Haven hadn't done anything to save miss Jade. I wished they hadn't cared. This was just another detail to keep me awake during the night, hating my life, and hating everything I'd done to other people's lives.

No matter how guilty I felt, I didn't have the liberty to sway from my plans. I needed Little Haven to take me in again so I could work with Scarlett's team. Until they'd accept me, I'd decided to live away from the dorms and leave Scarlett alone. I stayed at a hotel near the company for a while, then realized I really needed my luggage, so I returned to the dorms quietly while they were playing Jenga. Sneaking into my room, I began to collect my stuff when Calvin called me, asking me to go to him immediately.

He was being unreasonable again..

As I was busy collecting my stuff, Changbin walked in, asking me why I hadn't been around for so long. After explaining my reasoning, I told him to wish me luck because I was about to go visit Black Galaxy.

He left and I finally got ready, only to get startled by Scarlett's figure zooming into the room. We bickered like always, and I left in a hurry, going to the car Calvin had let me borrow, and driving off. 

While I was on the road, my phone would not stop ringing. I assumed it was an emergency, so I picked up, and boy was I lucky to have done that.

Changbin informed me that as he was leaving my room, he had overheard Scarlett and Olivier talking about following me. The street I was on was not even remotely close to the hospital..

They were about to find out!

I looked through the rear view mirror and couldn't spot them behind me. They were good at what they were doing. Being the fast thinker I was, I swiftly pulled up at the nearest flower shop I could find and bought a bouquet. Now Scarlett would believe I was about to visit my 'mom' at the hospital, and was just stopping by to purchase a bouquet.

I owe you once more, Changbin..

I walked to my car with the flowers in hand, and then.. Then I heard a loud honk. My eyes landed on the culprit and his friend who had slipped down her seat in the car they had parked far away.

Is he..

Brainless?

Heavy rain, a wet phone screen, and Calvin's everlasting caller ID flashing in my hand; I was sick of it all.

Dumb and dumber were forcing me to take a detour to the hospital when I should have been at unit 2, taking care of whatever the Pierces wanted this time. Couldn't I ever be left alone?! I was so exhausted already! When would people understand that I was a human being?! One day I'd definitely collapse of fatigue; maybe then I'd get to rest.